“Finest dining in Rochester”

Rochester Chop House & Bar
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is easily the finest dining experience in Rochester and yes you will pay seriously premium prices to dine here. However that outlay of some serious money will yield you a truly excellent experience. Very attendant and knowledgeable waitstaff, top shelf beverages, fantastic food, and dessert all make this a memorable dining experience!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (314)

Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Clam chowder was good steaks over cooked would not recommend for a steak house. The service was extremely slow and then the food was cooked wrong. They did offer to fix it, the only problem it took over an hour to get the food. Just ate the over cooked Waygu. Then I was double charge for my coffee. Very frustrating if your looking for nice dinner.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Let me start by saying I love the Kruese and Muir restaurants. Ive been frequenting all of their restaurants for a good 40 years. So lets start with last night. Three couples that have not been out in quite some time because of our crazy lockdowns here in Michigan. Needless to say we were all so happy to be back in one of our favorite places. First of course we put in our order for 4 different apps. (escargot, 2 orders of shrimp cocktail and calamari) Escargot and Calamari were good, not great but certainly passable. The S cocktail was honestly pretty chewy and not real cold so pretty disappointing. We all put in our main course orders, just about everyone ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. My wife and I got the pan seared and the rest got blackened. This is where things really turned. I noticed my wife kind of struggling to cut through her fish which really seemed weird for sea bass. I then got to mine and I was super surprised that mine was the same and actually cold. Not a little luke warm but flat out cold.
I then let the waiter know and he was very polite and said sorry etc. He then came back and brought us back the same fish that they rewarmed. I was first of all super surprised that the Chop House would rewarm an entrée and not bring us a new piece of fish. The waiter then didn't come back to ask us if the warmed up fish was good. Again surprised Anyway, I really do love this place but that experience was not good, especially since all of our bills were pretty much at $200 per couple.
I'm actually sorry that I had to write this but I feel like they have to know.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

Great food, atmosphere, location and the best of friends. I had to say more in order for my comment to post.

I believe in my I ate freedoms. I believe in choice and scientific factual evidence not politics. Our economy was thriving and there is no safe place.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

This is a really cozy and warm spot for a light or multi-course meal. I have been here for both such occasions. It’s also nice enough for a romantic meal or a casual friendly and conducive spot to catch up with a friend. It’s a versatile enough spot to cater to many types of social gatherings.

My go to is their oysters and crab cakes. One day when things open back up, maybe I will make room for their stuffed mushrooms. But I have my favored items here.

Their service is always friendly and the staff have always been attentive.

Looking forward to dine-in opening up again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Date of visit: January 2021