See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I was in Ausable visiting family. The motel is clean and inexpensive. I don't understand people with negative reviews they don't know the area. This is a small beach town, so don't expect to find Hiltons, Marriotts, or even a Super 8. There isn't a Starbucks for two hours all majority of the businesses in the area are mom and pop shops.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lenore72
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Non Smoking with burns all over. Tv sets so low there is no way to see the screen while laying in bed. Bathroom smelled of pee. I cleaned around the toilet and was disgusting. Shower floor does not drain. Under the bed we found one empty wine cooler bottle,one poker chip,one penny and 2 bullets for a 22. Wondered if it might have been a crime scene. Wish I would have taken pictures. No one in office to check in till after 4pm. Room service came at all times, once at 6:30 pm. Will never get another room without seeing first.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I didn't appreciate paying $15 for my dog and the carpeting looked like all the dogs had wet on it. The beds were comfortable. The location was handy to the lake and area. The attendants were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for. We stayed at the peak of tourist season. We got good rates, the hotel was clean, managers friendly, but there is NO fluff. There was a mini fridge, microwave, TV and wi-if. You could hear through the walls.
The first room had a mildew smell, but upon notifying management, they gave us another room and said they are replacing carpets in all rooms. If we needed to save money, we would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2017

It's not the Ritz but for the price the room is very clean and within walking distance to my stores and restaurants. It's located in a quiet neighborhood. Really like the ice cream and BBQ joint right behind the motel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business