“Excellent Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Mary has some of the best sushi around. Everything is great. Try the Sexy Bacon if you want something unique.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I love this place. I have never had a bad meal and the service is always wonderful!
My favorite roll is "the beach party". The outdoor seating is perfect for a summer evening!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This restaurant has a cool atmosphere and excellent sushi. I think they could do a better job with their wine selection and service (little, cheap wine glasses), and it is possible to spend way more money here than you intended. But the service is excellent overall. The atmosphere is, I think, cooler at the East Lansing location than at the Okemos one, and, weirdly, the hot tea is a lot better in East Lansing! In my experience, the food is slightly better as well. However, there is a reason that this is a very successful and busy little chain. All of the locations I have been to are well above average.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Not busy at 2 pm, NO TV's on the wall... I like this place as soon as I enter! We chose two plates from the "Two can share" menu. First was sliced mushrooms topped with crab/mayo salad and then deep fried. With a thickened sweet dipping sauce. About eight of them on the plate. there was also a slice of sweet potato deep-fried.
The second plate had shrimp asparagus zucchini broccoli deep-fried and stood up like a teepee using a large onion ring as a base.
The presentation was beautiful. The house hot tea was good.
The waitstaff was very nice.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I'm not a sushi person, but my date and I both enjoyed our lunches. They have specials everyday...good portions (all things considered), and very palatable. We started with calamari t share and i had the tiger roll (or something like that) which is what our server recommended...it was awesome!! Each piece was consistent in texture and flavors....fresh ingredients and freshly made...presentation was very captivating as you can see below! ( i started eating and forgot to snap a pic)