“Heard they had excellent fresh lake perch...”
Review of Gilbert & Blake's - CLOSED

Gilbert & Blake's
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My mom read an article written by a person who was very picky about eating fresh lake perch. We were intrigued so I brought my parents here to see if the article was accurate. It was. We all had the fresh lake perch. It was baked with a very thin coating. No fishy taste at all. The wait staff was efficient and decor was warm. We were in a dining area but there was also a bar area. I would say this restaurant is on the bottom end of high scale but people went from well dressed to jeans. It was a bit pricey, especially when you do not get a selection or soup or salad with your meal as you would in most other restaurants. Overall, we had a nice experience. My parents rarely go to nice restaurants like this so it was a pleasure to bring them here and have it be a good experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is a very nice, accessible restaurant. The ambience is tasteful. The food is tasty although somewhat pricey. For example I had a lunch salad that cost $18. The bread they'd bring to your table is very tasty. This is nice for a special occasion but alittle pricey for casual dining.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

All around amazing! Service, Food, Atmosphere!! I make it a stop every time I go to MSU! Love this place <3

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Good food, a bit on the pricey side. Did not have available many beers on the menu. Ok if you are staying at the hotel next door. Would not drive for it.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

We were meeting another couple that lives the opposite direction and Okemos was in the middle, so since I had seen this on one of my visits to the mall, I asked them if they wanted to meet there. Should have tried it out ourselves before inflicting it on others.