Free cancellation until 23/07
US$ 61
  • Breakfast included
Hostal Casa Ivana(Leon)(Great Value!)
US$ 18
US$ 155
Agoda.com
All reviewsprivate roomsupermarketwifinicaraguahostel
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

First of all the place is really cheap! There is a bed and wifi what more do you need. When me and my friend arrived at the hostel, i found out that i had forgotten my iPhone at the previous hostel we where at, so the guy at the desk moved mountains for me so i could have my phone back, he called the other hostel multiple times, and even managed to get us some transport back to the hostel where i found my phone!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

the guy running the place is a real pleasure. He is very reliable and helpful with a little touch of amazing craziness.
my friends and i stayed in the dorms which are basic but totally worth their price.
Highly recommended, this place is right next to everything you need, and you can even use the kitchen and cook for yourself if you are on a low budget (supermarket is less than 5 mins away!)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I have been travelling through Nicaragua for a month, a country of wonderful people, so I was very surprised at how rude I was treated in this place by one of the two owners. I reserved with them a shuttle to the airport (I was hosted in one of their rooms at the time), with the clear understanding that the shuttle would come to a hotel 4 blocks away, where I was going to spend the last night. The morning of my departure I called to make sure everything was OK with the reservation, this is when I interacted with the owner who told me that they don't offer to send shuttles to other places; when I insisted that this was the agreement he started shouting, calling me crazy tourist. Of note, there was no language barrier, my Spanish is as good as my English.
As for the room, it does have a/c, which is useful in a hot place like León, but the room is cramped, dark and, while not dirty, is not very clean either.
IN SUMMARY, IF YOU ARE DESPERATE, GO FOR IT, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT BE DESPERATE: THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD PLACES TO CHOOSE FROM IN LEÓN. IF YOU STILL CHOOSE TO STAY THERE, AT LEAST AVOID INTERACTING WITH THE OWNER...

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I went to Leon for only 3 days and ended up staying 10. I had a private room (the one pictured) with my own bathroom and A/C (needed in Leon). I had both privacy and convenience (central location, bar, laundry service and more). The staff and specially the owner David, a practicing attorney with post-graduate studies in Barcelona, were superb. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016

This is such an great place to stay. Basic rooms and bathrooms that are kept extremely clean 24/7, amazingly cheap rates, great private rooms or dorm, fast and cheap laundry service... BUT... Make sure you stop in and have a chat with Davie (the owner) he was one of the nicest blokes i have met on my journey with some incredible stories.
He took me and 2 friends around town, out to the beach and showed us his Roosters.
Very safe and caring host.
Also offers safe private shuttle
will go back!

Room Tip: Private rooms are good and cheap but the dorms are fine as well
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends