See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This hostel is wonderful! I stayed here for three weeks and painted some murals for them. It is a clean friendly hostel, cheap too. The bed linen and towels smell so fresh and they don't charge for a towel. They also don't charge for lockers which is great! Whenever I go back to Leon I will stay here. It's very central and safe at night too. They also have a kitchen you can use. Huge courtyard too with hammocks and super relaxed vibes. Really lovely place!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We didn't plan on staying here but had a great stay. Clean spacious rooms. Good kitchen. Quiet at night but possible to interact with other guests. We came back to Leon (after leaving Leon for Matagalpa) waiting for the shuttle to Guatemala. We were welcome to leave our bags and wait in the evening, although we checked out a couple of days earlier.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful here! It is located a short walk from the center of town where you can find many restaurants, comedies, a grocery store, and entertainment. The bathrooms and kitchen are always clean. I would recommend staying at this hostel! It is a chill vibe where you can come to relax.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Hostal Sin Fronteras is a very nice place. There is a large open kitchen, a big cozy courtyard, laundry area, included breakfast (gallopinto con huevos or pancakes). Not overcrowded, top location. In contrast to many others, this hostel is run by nice people from the local population, and this authenticity can also be felt. The whole day you can enjoy free coffee and free water. It's only 5 minutes to the main square at the cathedral and a 15-minutes-walk to the bus station to the beaches Las Penitas and Poneloya.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I don't recommend this place. I made a reservation on booking.com which was confirmed within an hour. When we arrived the lady at the reception desk first told us that she didn't work with booking.com. Then she changed her story,telling us that she did, but that she didn't confirm our reservation. When I showed her the confirmation and asked her who else did confirm, she had 'no idea'. The only option was to stay in a very dirty dorm and pay double the price that I actually booked. We decided to search for another hostel and the lady didn't seem to care about it at all.

Date of stay: January 2016