“A solid option”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Munising
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“A solid option”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Super 8 was clean, updated, quiet and pretty close to downtown Munising. The breakfast was good and well stocked. This is a good option when staying in the small town of munising.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank DaccaDo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This motel was my last choice among 9 I called that had no vacancy this July 4th week. Not so much opposed to Super 8 as preferring the appeal of the locally owned strip motel. However, this place was very nice for my 2-day layover.

Given a preference I would have stayed at the Sunset Motel on the Bay. The Beach Inn is also close in but outside my price range for this trip. And none were a available. So I stayed at this Super 8 which is 2 miles outside town.

Taking one of the last available rooms I was astonished to find a red heart shaped jacuzzi in my room in the place of the second queen bed. Yes, I did use it. But I got a lot of mileage taking pictures and sharing with friends. It was a novety. Not something you might expect to find in a Super 8.

It's a nice place and run like an owner operation. You can easily identify the management staff and they're all over the place and very accommodating. I stopped by the laundry to see if they had old rag towels I might buy/borrow to wash my dirt-road dusty van. They loaned me a couple. In the end, the place was much like the owner operated motels I prefer.

Room Tip: Opt for the second floor on the back side of the motel. No road noise and greater privacy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Morrisonville, NY
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Clean large room, wi-fi signal somewhat weak but usable. Exactly what one should expect from a budget minded chain motel. If categories were given (high price to low price) I'd give this motel an excellent rating for a low priced accommodation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This was one of the niest Super 8's we stayed at. Very informative front desk of the area . Clean
hot spa, very nice breakfast. Great value for our dollar.

Room Tip: The accomidations and breakfast a great value for your dollar.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alfred44535
Lakeside, California
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My mom and I stayed at this Super 8 in July last year. Our lugage was lost by the airport. The hotel owners helped me track down my luggage and get it retuned to us. They were super. The hotel rooms are clean and the beds were confortable. The continental breakfast is the BEST!!! The breakfast buffet had it all: cereal, friut, waffles, and much, much more!!! I am looking forward to booking another stay this summer!!! Hope to see you soon SUPER 8!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here and all the rooms are good!!! There is no restuant in the hotel but the breakfas...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
Alger Falls Motel
Alger Falls Motel
#8 of 11 in Munising

Been to North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK