All reviews tour manager upper mustang hotel is located hot water shower small town muktinath temple airport flight accommodation mountains region
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We stayed at this hotel for one night and we are glad that it was only one night. The rooms were damp, mouldy, and small. We didn't mind it, but what was unacceptable was that there was no heater in the room, especially when the temperatures in Jomson fall to close to 0C at night. And what is even more unacceptable is that behaviour of the staff. When I asked one of the staff members that it was extremely cold (2-3 deg C) and if they could arrange for a heater, he rudely responded by saying, "But, I don't feel cold. Why do you feel cold?" Thankfully, the tour agency manager that we traveled with had a spare duvet in his room that he provided to us. That helped my father warm up in the freezing cold night. I would have expected the hotel staff to have come up with this solution instead of our kind tour manager. I can understand that there might not be any heaters available, but at least the hotel staff could have provided us with the spare duvet themselves.

Also, there was no hot water coming out of the taps. Again, the staff didn't give a damn that we had to freshen up using freezing cold water.

The food was extremely expensive too. When we were checking out, and paid for the expensive food, the same rude staff collected our money and didn't return the change!! We had to explicitly ask him for the change. I haven't encountered such rude staff in all of Nepal! All the other places that we have stayed at had extremely friendly and caring staff.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Jomsom can be stop after ThorungLa Pass or it can be a stop before getting to Muktinath.
Stayed in this hotel which seem to be the biggest in this small town near the airport. Rooms were clean and had hot water for shower or drinking. Since the building components are mostly made of solid wood, its much warmer inside. The work with sound proofing can be the next thing for refurbishment.
The food was clean and healthy.
And people were friendly. I was in the off season so it must be that I was the only guest in the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I just stayed here to acclimatize just before heading to Muktinath on my motorcycle trip.
The place has nice view facing the Jomsom Airport. The staff and food were ok, Slightly unfriendly if you consider Nepalese standards. I paid a bomb to stay here overnight, Muktinath was much more pocket friendly n fun.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Beside that the rooms (1500 ruppies!) were very damp, smelly and gross, the unfriendliness was the thing that surprised us the most.
Most teahouses on the Annapurna Circuit offer way better service for 0 to 200 ruppies a room. We never experienced a place where the staff was so rude.

Room tip: We stayed with a group so i can say that all rooms are damp, small, dark and unclean. The rooms in the newer part were a bit better though.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jochemmmm
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We flew into Jomsom with a reservation at Yak Donald Hotel. How I missed the fact that Yak D is still 60km further is the question.

Walked in here by a guide. Lucky enough to get a room with two twin beds facing the mountains behind the air field. The room rates were fair enough. Negotiations were swift and productive.

The big story here in Jomsom is, like many other places westerners have soiled, is prices are too high for many necessities. Apparently it's been established here that you can charge within a dollar of the US structure and get away with it. The room was fine. The food was good. The old man running the place treated us very well. The food is where it came off the rails financially. The room was priced right. The tally at the end was a bit of a shocker. Convenient to the air field is an understatement. It is what it is.

Date of stay: May 2017