See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This B &B is in the corn fields of Mi outside of the city of Mt. Pleasant about 10 minutes. On the way to the house we passed many farms with farm equipment operating. We could see the Chalet up on the hill and the other building closer to the road. So pleasant with artifacts from Germany and European travels. Many flower, squeaky clean, lots of wood, pot boiling with teas and cocoa all the time. Carolyn and Ron very friendly and accomodating. Main floor has a room and lots of lounging space and a kitchen. Majority of bedrooms are up a stairway. All are queen except for a room with twins. The sheets were comfortable with laundered comforters, a built in desk, a rocking chair and our own bathrooms in each room. Nice roomy closet. We all had a rocking chair. We all have a door to the balcony with flowers still blooming on it in all the flower baskets.. Altho we did not eat breakfast, it appears they do a beautiful job. We also enjoyed fresh pumpkin bread and spread when we arrived. Loved it. Only downside was the water comes out in a cloud and cools fast so we (my friends and I) felt our shower water was warm/cool and it wasn't as comfortable as it could have been.The shower itself was roomy, modern and clean, as was the bathroom. 99% thrilled and would go back in a minute. Worth the drive out of town. Telling others about it that have to come to CMU to see their kids.

Room Tip: All have balconies..that is such a nice trip.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2012

As a well-seasoned traveller, I've stayed at many hotels throughout the world. Of the 200+ hotels/inns/B&Bs that I've stayed at, none have ever come close to my stay at the Edelweiss Haus. This is a very special place.

In December, I brought my family to Mt Pleasant for the CMU graduation ceremony. Rather than stay in separate hotel rooms, we decided to rent out all of the rooms at the Edelweiss Haus. This Bavarian chalet looking B&B was authentic inside and out. The owners, Carol and Ron, really went out of their way to accomdate my family. In addition to their first-class hospitality, they helped us arrange with a local caterer to put together a traditional German-style dinner to celebrate the occasion. We enjoyed their company so much, we even asked them to join us! The dinner was awesome and the breakfast the next day was outstanding.

The Edelweiss Haus is a home away from home. I highly recommend staying there whenever possible. Kudos to Carol and Ron for setting the new gold standard in hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2007

Carolyn and Ron are excellent hosts and very attentive to our needs. The breakfast is to die for and the atmosphere reminds us of being in Europe. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. The location is close to a lot of activities in the Mount Pleasant area, so we had plenty to do. We highly recommend a stay at the Country Chalet!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank TimetravelerSW