Wolds Motel
US$ 129
Orbitz.com
US$ 125
Fairfield Inn
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort(Mount Pleasant)
US$ 147
US$ 116
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 189/night.

US$ 123
Hotels.com
Super 8 by Wyndham Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
US$ 73
TripAdvisor
US$ 72
TripAdvisor
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel(Mount Pleasant)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2015

We spend a lot of time at hotels and sure we'd like to stay at a 4 star every time but I can't see spending twice as much for one nights sleep in most cases. Not that I wouldn't spend twice as much if needed but I often take a chance hoping to save money and get lucky to find a decent place and a decent cost. Of coarse I always read the reviews and knew the Wolds hotel was a grab bag as there was reviews all over the charts. So this is what we discovered. Yes the hotel is about two blocks from the main road in a residential area, a little strange, and yes it's the old style horse shoe and an older complex, but... it was a very nice gentleman that checked me in, the room although dated was very clean, it had a frig, flat screen TV, microwave, nice beds, and very spacious. It was a nice covered walkway from door to door and nice benches throughout the walkway. Now there did appear to be some permanent residents but they were in a different section and there was some loud music from the apartments behind the hotel but that subsided around 9pm.
Over all I really liked this place and will definitely stay here again when in town. I do a lot of research before booking and this was $50 less than any other hotel in the city. Like any of this category, there is plenty to criticize if your comparing to something you can get for $50 more per night, so if you consider the price this is a great deal and a good place. Sometimes when I read these reviews I like to give the person the benefit of the doubt and that the room they got might of been totally different than the room I got so this review reflects the room we had which was room number 111.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank MNLit
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Very clean and comfortable family-run motel in quiet residential district! I stay there every time I go to Mt. Pleasant and always feel very sad when I have to leave because I am so comfortable and happy there! This is not only because of the tremendous value I get for my limited budget-- and the fact that they always allow me to bring my two dogs-- but because it is also in a very quiet residential neighborhood (which is very unusual for a motel). It also has a huge, beautifully kept expanse of lawn out front with trees where you can sit in the sun and relax. SUPER WONDERFUL PLACE! Although some cosmetic aspects may be below par on the outside, e.g., sidewalks right in front of rooms could perhaps use a little scrubbing, I highly recommend this motel which I have been going to for years!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 12 August 2015

First impression: the lady who took my money didn't seem to want to be bothered. She came out of her residence area, with a look as though I interrupted her favorite show just to inconvenience her. The room: woot, there's a bath tub.
The room was small, the restroom was nice and large for the size of the room. The microwave was old and outdated, the numbers were worn out, the turntable was broken and made all our food burn or stay frozen in parts. The micro fridge made a loud clunking every time the motor turned off. The dresser was broken (the drawers kept falling off their tracks every time they were opened). The tub plug doesn't plug up at all, so, no bath to soak in after a long shift. The air conditioner was broken (the vent coming into the room was missing two slats) it is so old that it doesn't have a display, only a couple of knobs, it turns off after about three minute cycles. The window isn't capable of opening. The bathroom has no window, the fan doesn't work and two out of three of the lightbulbs are out. The bed feels like it is about 50 years old, or two box springs piled on top of each other.
Positives about the motel: shopping and fast food within two blocks. It is close to a busy intersection, but you can't hear it at all.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

This motel is not one we will return to. To get to the room you have to walk through a cloud of smokers out on the porch area. I think this place has permanent residents. The good thing about this place is that it did not have bed bugs. By the time you got done washing your hands, the sink was more than halfway filled up. I was scared to take a shower. There was lots of damage on the ceiling of water damage. There was a pull out bed that angled the head down terribly. Overall, not impressed.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana H
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at Wolds for 5 days of Memorial Day Weekend with some friends. I absolutely loved it!!! The staff was beyond friendly and the room was amazing. Don't let the outside of the place throw you off. The inside of the room was better than most 3-4 star hotels I've stayed at, the Wi-Fi worked great (and there were four of us sharing it at one point). Had a minor issue with the shower leaking a little bit, but one hand towel near the base solved that. Overall I will look to stay at Wolds everytime I come to Mount Pleasant.

Great people, great price great place to sleep at night. This is how Hotels should be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends