See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Very clean and comfortable family-run motel in quiet residential district! I stay there every time I go to Mt. Pleasant and always feel very sad when I have to leave because I am so comfortable and happy there! This is not only because of the tremendous value I get for my limited budget-- and the fact that they always allow me to bring my two dogs-- but because it is also in a very quiet residential neighborhood (which is very unusual for a motel). It also has a huge, beautifully kept expanse of lawn out front with trees where you can sit in the sun and relax. SUPER WONDERFUL PLACE! Although some cosmetic aspects may be below par on the outside, e.g., sidewalks right in front of rooms could perhaps use a little scrubbing, I highly recommend this motel which I have been going to for years!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 12 August 2015

First impression: the lady who took my money didn't seem to want to be bothered. She came out of her residence area, with a look as though I interrupted her favorite show just to inconvenience her. The room: woot, there's a bath tub.
The room was small, the restroom was nice and large for the size of the room. The microwave was old and outdated, the numbers were worn out, the turntable was broken and made all our food burn or stay frozen in parts. The micro fridge made a loud clunking every time the motor turned off. The dresser was broken (the drawers kept falling off their tracks every time they were opened). The tub plug doesn't plug up at all, so, no bath to soak in after a long shift. The air conditioner was broken (the vent coming into the room was missing two slats) it is so old that it doesn't have a display, only a couple of knobs, it turns off after about three minute cycles. The window isn't capable of opening. The bathroom has no window, the fan doesn't work and two out of three of the lightbulbs are out. The bed feels like it is about 50 years old, or two box springs piled on top of each other.
Positives about the motel: shopping and fast food within two blocks. It is close to a busy intersection, but you can't hear it at all.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

This motel is not one we will return to. To get to the room you have to walk through a cloud of smokers out on the porch area. I think this place has permanent residents. The good thing about this place is that it did not have bed bugs. By the time you got done washing your hands, the sink was more than halfway filled up. I was scared to take a shower. There was lots of damage on the ceiling of water damage. There was a pull out bed that angled the head down terribly. Overall, not impressed.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana H
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at Wolds for 5 days of Memorial Day Weekend with some friends. I absolutely loved it!!! The staff was beyond friendly and the room was amazing. Don't let the outside of the place throw you off. The inside of the room was better than most 3-4 star hotels I've stayed at, the Wi-Fi worked great (and there were four of us sharing it at one point). Had a minor issue with the shower leaking a little bit, but one hand towel near the base solved that. Overall I will look to stay at Wolds everytime I come to Mount Pleasant.

Great people, great price great place to sleep at night. This is how Hotels should be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nick A
Reviewed 21 February 2014

lets see trip advisor normally reputable ranks this motel a 9 of 12.i booked a room drove 71 miles to arrive to a horseshoe shaped run down dipped in squalor building.i met the indian couple who live on site with there thirty something son.paid for the room was handed the old school key and off to my room.room immediately was overdosed with air freshner.because of my profession I could still smell the mold in the air. noticed the original ceiling was masked by a drop ceiling which had rusty mold running all over the edges.washed my hands and the sink would not drain it eventually did go down.i took a video of the room because I was sure a refund would not be issued.im a 23 year exterior contractor.i was at one time 3 time national building company award winner for strictly water intrusion cases.i was there ten minutes to rebook a room at baymont suites handed them there key asked for a refund the mother of the group said ohhh no you cant have one and away I went.i called my bank had the money refunded and the experience is over.oh and the reason wolds is ranked in the top 12 is because there is only 12 hotels in the city according to baymont desk clerk.

regards,

scary moments.....

Room Tip: until mold remedies are in place avoid.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family