“Nice cozy place”
Review of Weathervane Inn

Weathervane Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montague
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Very nice weekend! Most comfortable beds we have ever had in a hotel! No back aches here! Fireplace in the rooms. Rooms were quite , no noise from neighboring rooms and the place seemed fully booked. Beautiful fall scenery. Continental breakfast was standard waffle, bagels, cereal....Boiled eggs would have been nice for a little protein but oh well. No pool but too cool for swimming anyway. Overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Many different type rooms King, Queen, some with 2 Queens......
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of August 25, 2012. While the walls are thin and I did not get the balcony I was promised when I booked the room – our stay was enjoyable, mainly because the surrounding towns are great. However, upon leaving I left a necklace behind. While it was not expensive it had sentimental value and I was very happy when I called on August 28, 2012 and was told they had the necklace and would be sending it to me. It is now October 16, 2012 and after calling numerous times, being promised call backs from the General Manager and the Public Relations Manager that never came and repeated assurances that the necklace was “in the mail” I still do not have my necklace. I was told on 7 different occasions that the necklace had been mailed only to call back a week later and told again it was “just mailed.” While I take full responsibility for leaving behind my possession, once the hotel confirmed they had my jewelry they have done nothing but give me the run around. Do not stay at this hotel! The staff has proven to be untrustworthy and have clearly not been given any customer service training.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Quaint town, gorgeous hotel, beautiful rooms. Main road busy and breakfast was sad but we enjoyed going across the street to the store, to the farmers market or to the cute local bookstore and trying some local flavor for breakfast anyway. Loved our stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
JasonPaulRyan, Public Relations Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

We are glad that you really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast. We are currently working with a new supplier to upgrade our breakfast options.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Located right next to the harbor with a beautiful balcony view. We found the renovation to be very well done although admittedly, not complete. They are still planning to replace the carpet in the lobby and the sofa beds, so give them time. I loved this property and would return again! Very relaxing to sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wine after a day canoeing on the White River. The towel are very thick, big and soft. Rooms offer alot of space and an unusual layout. Very attractive with the whirlpool tub and fireplace. Beds are new and comfortable. There are few rooms at this location with 2 queens. We were traveling with are 2 adult children and the attendant on duty made a special effort to clean this room so we could have it. THANK YOU! We were told when we made the reservation it was not available, so weren't expecting it. Breakfast offerings are a little "lite" and due to the layout of the building, there isn't alot of room. We chose to have breakfast across the street at the little diner and it was most enjoyable! I would reccommend it. But, it's only open for breakfast. It was also suggested that we have dinner at the Crossroads and this was exceptional. Little neck clams w/ linguini - Cajun shrimp - Crab cakes. MMmm Good! (Make sure you have the 3 cheese appetizer. It's the best! ) Just shows how the staff at the Weathervane is woring hard the be helpful and accomodating to their guests. They gave us great suggestions for enjoying our stay in Montague.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lvernon81

Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate them. We hear your suggestion on the breakfast as well and are currently working on upgrading that. We look forward to your stay in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Just checked in we had stayed here many times in the past but stopped coming because it was getting run down. We were looking for some place to go and saw it was "recently renovated". Throwing some paint on the walls is hardly a renovation. It is still the same old furniture, ragged couch from th 80's, same disgusting carpet. It is just ashame because it has a great location the rooms could be fantastic. But they just simply lack maintenance ans updating. I specifically asked about the renovation prior to booking and explained our last experience and why we stopped coming. Yet I was reassured it was better. It is my own fault for trusting them!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Scott W

We apologize that you were not happy with the renovations that we have completed. Since your stay, we have cleaned the carpets, which is something we do multiple times throughout the year. We have also replaced all of our linens and the couches in each guest room. Over the past 12 months, we have also replaced all of the beds and added new LCD TV's. We are continuing to improve the hotel and make it a great place to stay. We hope that you would give us one more chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if that is an option for you, jason@theweathervaneinn.net

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montague
21.0 km away
30.1 km away
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Weathervane Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK