“Friendly campground!! ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mio
Mio Pine Acres Campground
Ranked #4 of 4 Speciality Lodging in Mio
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I where hiking across the state. We were looking for a campground that had cabins to rent in the Mio area. We found Mio Pine Acres and couldn't have been happier. They let us check in early which was a huge blessing! We were in desperate need of showers and a place to rest. The owner was very helpful and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The cabin was a little dated in decor and style but it was clean and had all the amenities we needed. I would recommend staying here to others. Thanks

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mio Pine Acres Campground

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We were here for a couple of nights but wished we had planned a longer stay. This is a nice quiet campground with friendly owners. I did use the laundry and it was sufficient. The shower rooms and restrooms are very clean. I don't know if their is wifi or not. We could not get satellite tv because of trees. There is no sewer hookup but the dump is handy. We had to pay extra for 50 amp service. The AuSable river is very close with kayaking,canoeing and tubing available. The owners are trying to keep this campground very family friendly and nice for all. A very nice place to visit!

Room Tip: We were in site 36.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oniedu
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Our group had two cabins and 5 sites. Mostly families. The owners are friendly. We were picked up at the campground by our canoe company. Nice place for the whole family to stay together since our older family members didn't have a camper. This was our 3rd year here and we'll be back next June. We would recommend this campground to other families.

Room Tip: Very close to the Ausable for tubing
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Had a great experience camping there. The grounds are very clean and so are the restrooms and cabins. We had a very good stay. Barb and Brian were very helpful and friendly. We were with a fairly large group and were treated great.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank pbdant
Reviewed 25 August 2015

A few days before we were set to arrive, I called and left a message for them asking if I am able to have a tent on my lot with my travel trailer for my 14 year old son and his friend. When the lady called back the next morning she was less then friendly which in turn made me less then friendly back. I was told no, but there were tent lots available I could purchase. My response was that stinks and next year we will make sure we choose a campground that allows it. My sister arrived first and when she checked in she was informed by the owner that he was going to have a talk with me because I was rude to his wife. Now, I did not raise my voice, swear or say anything rude I just stated a fact. My sister pre-warned me so I wouldn't be caught off guard. That just started the trip off badly. When we checked in the owner informed me it was illegal to have a tent on the site with a camper. It's crazy to me that State and County campgrounds allow illegal camping then because we always have a tent allowed on site. He then said it was also a business decision, which we all know that's the real reason. So we pulled into our site and the water hookup had a huge wooden box around it.. we had to move our camper from where we wanted to park it because of this. Then we made a trip to the bathroom.... There are two stalls in the womens bathroom for the whole campground. The soap was empty so they had one small handsoap out that was filled with water. My kids wanted to go visit the playground that was advertised on their website the playground is basically run down swings. There wasn't even a slide. Next they wanted to check out the putt putt advertised on the website. It was so overgrown with weeds there is no way to play. We ended up having to walk across the street to the school to let them play. My father in law had to fix his picnic table before he could even sit down. As for the "modern" shower house advertised on the site you have to turn a timer to even turn the lights on...1/2 way through my ice cold shower I had to make sure I had enough time left so I didn't get stuck in the dark. There were only 2 showers for the whole campground. My sister stayed in a cabin. Although it could use some work the size of the cabin and the fact there was a kitchen and bathroom did come in handy when it rained. When my dad went to the office on a Saturday at lunchtime to order a pizza they advertised they made there he was told the kitchen doesn't open until 4pm. We stayed until Monday, many people left on Sunday and we never saw anyone come by and clean up or check sites etc. The free wifi advertised worked about 5% of the time we were there. If run correctly this campground could be great but the false advertising really turned us off.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kariandjesse

Been to Mio Pine Acres Campground? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK