“Very Nice. Great Price”

Value Host Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed for business on March 6, 2012 and initially was looking for a chain hotel/motel. I drove by a Super 8 and noticed that it was very full. I did not like this and decided to quickly look across the street at the Value Host Motor Inn. There were very few cars in the parking lot and the place looked to be clean and the sign said $49 per night. This interested me because I own my own business and I try to consolidate costs whenever I can but I also hate to stay in holes...

I went to the front desk and asked if they had free internet and the attendant responded that they did. I inquired about the rate and sure enough, this was the rate that I was given. I looked around and everything seemed to be very clean and decided to take a chance.

I made it to my room and sure enough, everything that I needed. There was nothing fancy but it was very clean and there was a small table to work at and the TV indicated many channels. I started to work on my computer and the internet worked fine. It was a bit slow for huge uploads or downloads but then this is not something that I needed. I just need to connect to the net and start checking e-mails and go from site to site and it worked great for that.

I was so very pleasantly surprised that it was so quite. I could not hear a thing. No one walked by my room and I was able to concentrate on the tasks at hand and get things done. I cannot say how much that this was appreciated. I would most certainly stay here again.

There was plenty of towels in the bathroom, the bed was neat and clean, the room was clean, the TV worked and I was very happy. I only had to stay for one night but it is important on these business trips to have peace and quit and this is what I found, thank goodness!

It was sort of interesting that I was not handed a "credit card" to get into my room but a real key. This was sort of neat and I have not seen one of these in years. Again, I was looking for peace and quite and this is what I found. Do not be afraid to spend a night or two here. The price is outstanding and it is very simple!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, next to an exit so that you do not have to carry your luggage too...