1,062 results
All reviews mackinac island room was clean within walking distance sausage lakeside room breakfast bar first floor beach access waffles free breakfast great view of the lake great place to stay location was perfect shepler's ferry indoor pool two queen beds great room
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I made two separate reservations, one for 4 nights, and one for one additional night. Upon check in I cancelled the 5th night, told it was cancelled. My fault I did not obtain cancellation # or clerk's name. I was charged $104. as a No Show. Contacted BW Dockside - was told "we are not allowed to cancel reservations". There was no language barrier upon check in, - but when I called back with this issue, no one seemed to have a command of the English language. Submitted complaint with BW - after their review with BW Dockside - BW Dockside refuses to refund or offer a credit for a future stay. Read other reviews on Expedia website - eye opening - wish I had read these before I made my reservations.

Date of stay: June 2006
18  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 18 July 2006

My family, Husband, 8 year old son, myself stayed here for 3 nights. We had a lakefront room with balcony. It was a pleasant room. We enjoyed the beach and how close everything was. It was our first trip to Mackinaw city and it was nice being able to walk to everything. The staff was very nice and the room was very clean.

Date of stay: July 2006
3  Thank kanganroofan
Reviewed 13 April 2006

we had a room in the beachfront buildung which has been renovated not too long ago.
The elevator there is a little bit too slow because it is old. But the room on the third floor was very nice, everything was new and the view was wonderful. Room was very clean, beds comfortable.
I had a problem with the free high speed internet and complained to the front desk. They fixed the problem (i guess a wire in the main distributor of the building was loose) within a few hours. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes good service and a great price!

Date of stay: October 2005
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Inspire31365
Reviewed 7 January 2006

I think that this hotel was conveinent to everything, it was right on the lake and near the ferries! I would rsnk it #1!

Date of stay: June 2005
13  Thank MOTHEROFTRAVLERSON
Reviewed 9 October 2005

originally booked for the Hamilton but reservations were lost so got sent to the BW. Not impressed, internet service advertised(wireless) but could only get a connection in the lobby, hot breakfast was very blah!!! Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2005