I stayed at the Grand Hotel in the summer of 2011. I had stopped for a day once in 1988 but had only been on the fabulous porch and in the lobby, and had wanted to go back and spend some time. I went with my sister and we had a charming pink and green room with matching canopy beds and a geranium theme. Really charming and I didn't find the room small, as others have mentioned. Perhaps I have different expectations. We did eat in the dining room in order to have the whole experience. I found the food very mediocre and very overpriced. During the day we went to town but that was good for only one day. I mentioned to the hotel they need more night time activities. They have a bar/disco and showed us a documentary film about winter in Mackinac. I was ready to leave on the third day. I think they need to plan more activities or they are going to die out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island