“Great experience! Looking forward to doing Midnight tour and Hunt”
Review of Haunts of Mackinac

Haunts of Mackinac
Ranked #7 of 12 Tours in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Haunts of Mackinac offers a variety of walking tours for those interested in history, legends, and ghost stories. Join us on an adventure into the unknow. One of our stops on the tour is Mission Point Resort as featured on Syfy Channel's Ghost Hunters.
Clinton Twp, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience! Looking forward to doing Midnight tour and Hunt”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our tour guide was a lot of fun. Rob was very informative and at the same funny, scary, and personalble. On our next trip we want to do the midnight tour and if we stay till Saturday night we will definatly be going on the Midnight Hunt.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Carol A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best ghost tour ever”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Me and my friend went there aug 13 it was a sat and they had a midnight tour I thought it would be tons of fun. It was the tour guys were awesome! Got some great pic lots of knowledge on the history and ghost storys, but the best part was at the end they gave us emf detectors and let us do our own ghost hunt, they even pulled out a franks box!!! Oh it was so much fun it was only 20$ a person well worth the money it took an hour n half it went by so fast I wish it was longer. The tour guys were so much fun! I will be going back next year. Make sure you get the tour guy umm his name starts with an L,he was great

5 Thank lizz517
riverview
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My girlfriends and I went to Mackinaw Island for "Girls Weekend'. When we came across this attraction we didn't realize it was going to be the highlight of our trip. We did the 2 night tour. The stories were very interesting and entertaining. The second night was the Midnight tour and it was much more fun. There was much more activity that night. This is a great tour. Very fun. If you do decide to go on this tour make sure you book Lamach as your tour guide. He was so good the first night we switched our tour for the second night. Very knowledgeable and witty. This is a great adventure for friends, couples, family, etc. The things you experience are not fake. There is no way anyone could try and "set up" anything you run into on the way. My girlfriend and I still talk about the experience we had with Harvey...

Visited September 2010
2 Thank melissa M
Kewadin, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Repeat customer”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I went on a 9 p.m. tour October 2009 and again on a midnight tour August 2010. We were so lucky and got LAMECH for our tour guide both times. Lamech is a great tour guide. He added a bit of humor to the tour and knew all of the facts well. We plan on returning this fall and will only go on the tour if Lamech is our tour guide.

Visited September 2010
4 Thank Tkaufmann115
Weston, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great tour, will definitely come again”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I had gone on both tours last year when I was on the island and thought it was great, so I made a return trip this year. I really enjoy the tour... a little bit of history, a little bit of the local legends, some stories of hauntings and a little bit of investigating thrown in. "Amy" and "Megan" (there is a reason for them not telling their names) did a great job of leading the group around the downtown talking about the various hotels and residences, and even dealing with some of the hecklers that are wandering the streets. You get to see a lot of the island that you wouldnt normally see during the day doing the normal tours. The brief investigation at the end of the tour at Mission Point is a nice added bonus.

My fiance, who does ghost tours at a haunted hotel in Minnesota, agreed that the tour was a great time. Definitely worth the time and fee.

I have and will continue to recommend the tour to family and friends! I will also take the tour again and again on future visits to the island, it is one of my highlights now.

I have to laugh as I read some of these other reviews. Im not really sure what people are expecting when it comes to a ghost "tour". I have been on several around the United States and they are close what the Haunts of Mackinac tour is. A little bit of history, a little bit of the legends and stories of hauntings. The midnight tour adds the additional ghost hunt as well, which is a nice added bonus. Oh but wait, "we didnt see any ghosts!" Well guess what, that is part of ghost hunting, you sit for hours and hours and rarely see anything. Maybe if some people on the tour would quiet down and actually pay attention they would be surprised at what they might experience.

Visited August 2011