“Will never go back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Bay View of Mackinac Bed & Breakfast
Macomb, Michigan
“Will never go back”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We planned a trip to Mackinac Island for our 40th wedding anniversary and I was really excited to stay at our first Bed and Breakfast. My husband and I were both so disappointed upon seeing our room. It was probably 10 X 10 and we wondered where the shower was. It was in a closet, so we had no closet, and barely enough room for one person to shower. The toilet in in another closet and the sink was in our room. True, it is a quiet bed and breakfast and thats probably because no one stays in their room very long. The walls and carpets are filthy and disgusting. The furniture is very old and dirty looking. I could not stand staying in the room. No one gave us great service for $340.00 a night. For that price, we could have stayed at the Grand Hotel and had a much more memorable anniversary. The breakfast wasn't even edible. We left it on our plates and asked for some toast. I would never recommend this place.

11 Thank Patricia B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
michigan
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have never stayed at a B&B so this was a first. My husband was sailing in the Port Huron to Mackinac race and this B&B is next to the Marina. The view from my patio and the public patio was prefect. The hotel staff was very friendly. Rose made breakfast and snacks that were outstanding. She came out from the kitchen one morning to make sure we were all full and felt like we were at home. Yes, this is a pricey option for staying on the island but it met my needs perfectly. I felt welcomed and at home.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 205 which is a pricey option that is a larger room with a patio facing the marina...
2 Thank diver323
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast and they surpassed all expectations. The hotel staff was friendly. The breakfast, cookies, and dessert were delicious and hearty. We stayed in one of the smallest rooms available, but it was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable and the cleanliness of the room and bathroom was superb. The porches offered beautiful views, and the flowers were spectacular. We have always stayed at the Harbour View Inn, but we will stay at BayView from now on if there is a room available!

2 Thank Katelyn S
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just returned from a four night stay at the Bayview Inn. First let me say that the breakfasts and desserts were heavenly and the kitchen staff were very friendly and professional.
The first night we stayed was actually a last minute thing as we went up to Mackinac a day early than we had planned. We got the "Presidential Suite" for less than the amount that we paid for our next room. It was small but had a private staircase and porch outside and a jaccuzi. Very nice. Then we moved to the room I had booked a month ago. It was insanely small. It was so small that the the ice bucket was constantly in the way. I bruised my hip/butt three times trying to get past the bed foot post and the sink. Two people cannot be walking in the room at the same time. There was no where to put your clothes or toiletries. This for $300 a night?! There was somebody new at the front desk every few hours so nobody in particular was intuned with anybodys situation and one of the girls in particular had no clue about anything (where to get a map of the island, how our luggage would be moved on the second day, etc...)
We had such a great time exploring the island, biking, horseback riding, partying that we will definitely be back but will find someplace else to stay.

2 Thank Kathy G
minneapolis, mn
Reviewed 9 July 2012

July 4-6, 2012. Just far enough from the heavier traffic downtown and immediately adjacent to the marina. The location is nice and the front porch is too. HOWEVER, that's about it. Look, it's a 100+ year old house that has been converted into a b&b. The rooms are tiny and the staff seems to have a tough time keeping up with what's happening. The price is far too high for what you get. The breakfast and evening dessert were fine but certainly not worth the extra $100 a night I'd say it cost. Try the new bicycle inn I think it's called right on main street, unless you are not good with it being front and center of the action. it's a brand new place that's built but not quite yet open. Either way, Bay View is not a place I'd stay again. It's way too expensive for what it is so look, well, anywhere else.

Room Tip: This is a chopped up old house. While ALL rooms probably have a water view, I don't think any o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family