Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
US$ 100
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 82
Very Good 4/5
Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 98
TownePlace Suites
Very Good 4/5
Residence Inn Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 108
Great 4.5/5
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsmovie theatersitting areaparking lota great place to stayhaggerty roadspacious roomfree breakfastwe've stayedfront desk staffdetroit livoniabusiness tripbagelshot breakfastann arborvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Myself and four girlfriends stayed in one room for one night. Front desk was very helpful in picking out a room that was a little bigger then standard, with an extra small table and two chairs. It was great. The ladies and I walked to Champs for dinner right across the parking lot. Came back went swimming, then had drinks and played board games in our room. It was perfect having the "living room" area. I slept on the pullout couch and was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coopspal
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a large group of families with children. The front desk staff was friendly and was able to meet all requests. They went above and beyond throughout our stay. Housekeeping did a fine job with the rooms. Breakfast is fabulous for a free hotel breakfast. Hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, mall, movie theater, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The beds here are good but the bath room is very dirty there is a blood stain on the wall and crap stains on the door and some thing on the remote and the decor is nice but the rooms are like cheap motel rooms

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. I was in town for a 2-week training class and decided to stay at the same hotel as I did 3 years ago. I was not disappointed. Rooms are very large and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was very friendly and the housekeeping was very efficient. My room was always kept very clean. Only 1 minor complaint... ask for a room far from the elevator. The bell can be heard inside your room if your door is across from or next to the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. Bell is too loud.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank philiphf
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had a mixed experience in our 4 night stay here. I'll start with the most important which were the problematic issues. On day 3, a housekeeping employee logged into his or her iTunes account from our iPad. We knew this because whoever it was, didn't bother to log out and left their gmail address behind in the iPad. I mentioned this at checkout, even providing the email address of the person, but didn't receive much of a reaction from the front desk staff. This is a serious security issue the hotel needs to deal with asap and I would advise anyone against leaving a laptop or iPad in the room when they are out.

Additionally, either to keep costs down or simply due to mismanagement there does not seem to be much housekeeping of any kind during your stay. Our daughter slept on the couch in the living room and not once did housekeeping straighten out her sheets or pick up her towel off the bed. One day they did such a half-baked job of making our bed that I actually thought my husband just pulled up the comforter himself. Although we were clearly a family of 4, by policy they always left us 3 towels so we had to call every day for the 4th towel. I don't think they ever wiped down a single countertop, removed dirty glasses or vaccumed the carpet. Although the room was clean on arrival in our 4 days staying there, housekeeping was totally absent and frequently very late to arrive. That's pretty gross.

As for the positives, breakfast was decent, though repetitive and often extremely crowded. Frequently, they would run out of things and we would have to wait a few minutes for them to be replenished. On the other hand, being able to pay for a quick sandwich and a cookie at our late-night check-in was convenient and quick if fairly mediocre in quality.

The front desk staff was ok, we had some good and bad experiences.

Rooms are designed with a couch, desk and fridge/sink on one side and the bed/bathroom on the other. The spaciousness is nice, however, it would have been better to be able to shut a door between the one side and the other - my husband and I always seemed to be waking up the kids to use the bathroom or to try to read after they went to bed so the separation really seemed a waste without the light/noise isolation. We found the mattresses oddly firm but somehow also like hammocks so not comfortable to anybody's taste.

Lastly, it's pretty noisy in the halls because the doors slam shut when guests leave - a whole group of soccer playing teenagers was slamming doors all along our hall at 6:30a.m. on a Sunday, this drove us crazy, so if you're a late sleeper you should consider this. Also, the rooms outside the elevators will hear the constant dinging of the elevator all night long.

If you've stayed in any Hyatt Place across the country they are all the same, though the management at this one was vastly inferior to the one I stayed at in Denver last year. I like the modern design concept and spacious rooms but the service and housekeeping are really lacking. I don't think we would return.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevators are very noisy, try to get a room at the end of the hall. Also, it's preferable to face the pond than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family