“Favorite Chinese Restaurant”

Ten Yen Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 290 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 May 2016

Every time husband and I visit family in Michigan, we eat here. Since retiring to East Tennessee, we can't seem to find a good Chinese restaurant. We've ordered so many different items, I don't even know what is our favorite. It's all good. Plus the portions are big. I can't wait to go back soon.

1  Thank tipijo

Reviewed 11 May 2016

This place has been here since I was a child and I'm 55. It's one thing to be an icon in the area but another when the restaurant is dirty disgusting and gross.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Haven't been here in awhile. The place hasn't changed much in years. Decor is a little tired, but they put their money into the product. The portions were really large. I had cashew chicken with lots of Chinese vegetables. My wife had a similar dish with pineapple instead of cashews. Both were delicious. The meal included egg roll, soup, big yeasty dinner rolls and tea. There are several soup choices available, not just wanton and egg drop, including Chinese vegetable and hot and sour at no extra charge. We will be back. It's a great value.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

It's many years since our last visit here. The place was frumpy and the carpet looked worn then. We visited recently and it looks like nothing has changed! The lobby seems to be a storage area for supplies in plain view. OK, so it's not stylishly appointed, but how's the food? The soups were too salty but the egg rolls were great. The entree portions were huge. The fried shrimp and fried rice was decent but the Shrimp Harr Kow (shrimp with veggies in a white sauce) was rather boring and not very tasty. It looks like the proprietor has his children helping out here which really gives the place a nice family feeling.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

I had the boneless Almond Chicken, rice and some egg rolls and it was STILL delicious. The Sesame Chicken is also very good!!