All reviewshot breakfastmade to order breakfastsocial hourhash brownsjo jopark and flymeatballsfree happy hourcocktail hourlansing airportfree drinksbreakfast crewa hootsitting arealansing areawafflesmain floor
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Stayed here when I was in town for a wedding in June. There was nothing wrong with the place; it was clean and the room had fine enough amenities (iron, coffee maker, old TV, and it was a suite, so there was a separate sitting room). It wasn't anything special, either, though. Our room was pretty old-feeling, smelled smoky (even though it was non-smoking), and it overlooked a parking lot where some other guests were drinking beer, BBQing, and playing corn hole. Lovely (but what are you gonna do, right?). My mom also returned to her room to find her computer turned on and logged into the Internet. No harm done, and we supposed it was the housekeeping staff, but still not cool to find your person belongings messed-with.

The staff were friendly, and the greasy-spoon breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, but it did come free with the room. The hotel did appear to be very accessible for those with limited mobility or in wheelchairs, so I give it big kudos for that.

What really bugged me, though, was how pricey it was for what you got. $100/night for a very, very average hotel. I'm not sure if you can do better than that in Lansing (maybe the hotel selection is lacking; I grew up there, so I'm not familiar with where out of towners stay), but I'd be willing to try next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Finally a hotel that actually deserves it's Platinum Choice Hotels Award...! I've stayed at this hotel many, many times over the years and it's always been an excellent experience. Yes, it is an older hotel but it still has plenty of class in my opinion.

The rooms are all 2 room suites, very comfortable and very clean. The living room area has a microwave, fridge and small sink along with a tv, couch, and desk. The bedroom area has obviously the bed and also a tv and sink as well. The "bathroom" sink is not actually in the bathroom, its out in the bedroom, due to the fact that the bathroom is rather small. I don't particularly care for hotels where the sink isn't in the bathroom but this is one of the few exceptions because everything else is so nice.

The hotel has an evening social, I've never actually attended but I think its a nice touch. From what I understand you can also upgrade your breakfast for an additional $3 and its supposed to be pretty sweet, though again I haven't actually used the breakfast area myself.

Also, this hotel is nice enough that I've even seen a couple of weddings in the atrium during my stays, so you can pretty much figure this is a nice, classy establishment . I mean if someone is willing to have one of the most important days of their life at this hotel that says something.

All in all this is just an excellent hotel. I use to stay a lot more often back when the hotel was priced in the $70 range but now that its more like $100 now I don't get to stay as often. Primarily because my company stipend is only $75 so anything over that is out of my pocket. Still once in awhile I pay the extramoney and stay there because it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank AlCzervik1
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Stayed here for a girls weekend! Great location! 20 minutes from East Lansing and great shopping. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and friendly service. Been to serveral hotels in my life and has NEVER had a breakfast as glorious as the one at Quality suites! Eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, toast, waffles, coffee and a Chef that will know your name at the end of your stay. Friendly service followed by great rates. This place is home away from home. You will not be disappointed:)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank cmeredithgood
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I was traveling for business and had to stay in Lansing to catch my flight out of Michigan the next day. I booked this hotel from reviews on tripadvisor. To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about. This is an okay hotel - I do not believe the 'best' in the Lansing area.

The staff are nice and the rooms are spacious but quite dated. I'm sure 15-20 years ago this hotel was the nicest around. The hotel claims to be 100% smoke free, however, my room smelled of stale smoke. Also, all of the rooms face into the atrium, which I thought is a nice touch. I was on the opposite end of the hotel from the common breakfast/seating area and around midnight I could still hear people talking/laughing/yelling from inside my room and a dog barking from inside the hotel.

I paid $95 for this room. The pros? Location, refrigerator. Cons? Dated, smoky, noisy

If I come back to Lansing I would stay across the street at the Fairfield Inn or Residence Suites.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RedHeadedGidget
Reviewed 7 May 2010

We recently held a banquet at Quality Suites. They were fabulous! They were very acommodating and no request went unanswered! The food was unbelievable and the service incredible. The hotel rooms were awesome and people who did not plan to stay took one look at the rooms and decided they wanted to stay. Because of their fabulous service and care to detail, we will be having our banquets there from now on! The management staff and the other hotel staff was the best - I have never this wonderful treatment at any other facility. I can see why they have such a high rating. I would recommend this hotel for parties and/or just a nice get away!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple