“Great, but Don't Show Up Hungry.”

Golden Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 505 Restaurants in Lansing
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 February 2018

A few things about our experience here...

We knew ahead of time waits can be long, so we were ready for it, even though we called and they said there wasn't one. It took a little less than an hour to actually get inside the restaurant. Once we got inside, food took another hour plus to actually get to our table. Not ideal, but like I said, go in knowing you're going to wait and you'll survive.

Ordering. My husband and I both got a special, plus we split an order of french toast. I ordered a burrito of some sort and asked for no tomatoes on it. The waitress swiftly told me they don't do "custom orders," as if asking for one less ingredient was some sort of massive undertaking. I was also supposed to get toast with my meal, which never came. Super frustrating, but the quality of food there is unmatched.

The place is definitely an "experience." Certainly worth visiting once, but I don't know that we'll be back. Something about all of our experience combined rubbed us wrong.

2  Thank amyadamy

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Wow! Where to even begin?
We only had to wait outside about 10 minutes so I guess we got there at a good time. Staff was friendly and music was blasting. Super crazy funky little place (made me start humming “Love Shack, lol). Lots of interesting stuff all over the walls and ceiling to keep you amused while you wait for your meal.

The menu looked amazing, but the specials on the white board looked even better! The 3 of us ordered 4 meals because we couldn’t decide. Food came out in HUGE portions and everything was soo good!

Quality ingredients mixed together in ways you wouldn’t normally expect. When we got up to pay, I was told it was on the house! I asked why and she said, “I don’t know, they just do that sometimes.” Can’t wait to go back and try more options!

2  Thank Khaleesi2161
Reviewed 24 January 2018

If you’re up to waiting for a table this restaurant is worth the wait. You’ll have plenty of things to look at while waiting due to the interesting decor. You won’t be disappointed in the food.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I really want to keep this diner a big secret because the lines and wait are already crazy but I will share. We went here for breakfast and in pulling up my first thought was where is the restaurant. It is small and if you are not watching you will go right by....unless you know it has a very distinct exterior. The inside is filled with memorabilia and is quite cozy. If you are looking for fancy dining..keep driving. It is home cooked food and I can see why they only are open through brunch. Take the time and seek it out. Even if you have to wait outside it will be worth it.

2  Thank windycitygirl2014
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant ! Beware you almost always have to wait out front in line for 20+mins to get a table! It is well worth it if you are patient enough-very creative chill brunch spot

1  Thank Autumn T