“Made to order delights”

For Crepe Sake
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Lansing
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: French
Description: An American cafe steeped in French tradition, offering sweet and savory crepes, chop salad, and homemade soups. We have the best coffee in downtown Lansing with several different brew methods including cone drip, chemex, or French press. If you want a specialty coffee, let us make you a latte, cappuccino, macchiato; straight up, or with one of our many flavor creations.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a gem in downtown Lansing. The crepes are made to order, so be prepared for a little wait if it is busy. I am surprised that I like the savory crepes even better than the sweet ones! I am working my way through the menu and don't have a favorite yet, because they have all been so good!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The first time I ate here, the crepe was delicious! The second time however, I feel like the filling could have been cooked some more to where the cheese is melting. I didn't enjoy my crepe the second time I was here. Other than that it's a cute setting inside and the only crepe shop I know in Lansing.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

This was the first time I have ever had a crepe. I got the breakfast crepe and it was fantastic! The service was great and the owner is a great lady.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We visited at 10am on a Friday. This is not the prime downtown Lansing lunch time. However, we were one of probably four parties in the store at that time. We were the second party to order I believe and we were helping the third party (newbies) with what is good on the menu (everything!). At that point, party 1 was waiting for their food, we were ordering and party 3 was also waiting to order. Party 4 walked in and grabbed a menu. It was at this point the guy working there started to panic. He was short with customers, seemed totally frazzled, and kept calling to the back for someone to come and help him. Each time he called back there he sounded more and more panicked. It didn't give us the best welcoming feeling.

Soon we saw a few people surface and start helping with taking orders and making food. The guy never seemed to relax. It didn't make it very comfortable in there because it's a small place so the mood is easily changed by people within the space.

Thankfully my friend and I (and the other parties) were undaunted by the stress this poor guy was clearly under. We waited (and waited) patiently for our crepes--we always order the combo so we can try one savory and one sweet. It did not disappoint. The crepes were fresh and amazing, as always.

I again enjoyed the infused water; my friend had coffee.

Will we eat here again? The food is too good not to. We just hope next time the stress level is lower so we can really relax and enjoy ourselves without feeling a bit unwelcome.

1  Thank MGoBlueGrad
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Fast service, great food. Wide variety of both savory and sweet crepes. Atmosphere is casual. Great music, not the norm.