“My favorite restaurant ”
Review of Soup Spoon Cafe

Soup Spoon Cafe
Ranked #4 of 505 Restaurants in Lansing
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

They have the best Naan pizza specials everyday (I have never had one I didn't like), the seafood chowder is the best as well as the bread pudding! These three things are a must every time we go there. The staff is great and very friendly!

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! You just named three of our staple menu items that we recommend as well:)

Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is a busy place but is still good to gather for a business meeting meal and receive friendly attentive service without interrupting your discussion. They provide a little variation to the normal restaurant menu which add's intrigue to your choice but is great when it arrives to your table.

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so appreciative of your support and we hope to see you back in again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We went for breakfast and the food was pretty good. I had the biscuits and gravy I do recommend this as the asiago biscuits and sage sausage gravy was yummy. The only thing keeping the rating down was the 50 minute wait for the food to arrive after being seated and it seemed they were at less than 20% of their seating capacity. It may have been a fluke, but it did take away from the experience.

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

I am so sorry for your long wait on food! This is not a typical experience and I hope that you are willing to come back and give us another try. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The Mediterranean Seafood Risotto is delish! And the creme brûlée!!!! Service was good. Can't wait until next time.

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I had very high expectations for this restaurant based on its reviews and not surprisingly it delivered in a big way. The food was stupendous delicious, fresh, and served hot! It's best to arrive early because the restaurant fills up quickly. I had the shrimp salad, fried cheese crisp, and Michigan Blueberry crumb which are just to die for! The fried cheese crisp is more of a desert than appetizer, but I'll take it any day of the week! My only complaints include the lack of a kid's menu, offsetting smell near the restrooms, and the green bugs! Those bugs were everywhere; we literally killed six while we were at our table. We were greatly disappointed with these issues and it really dampened the mood of the evening. For those reasons I rated the restaurant as a 3 star.

First, thank you so much for the great review! Second, I am so sorry for the bugs, that is awe full! We will jump on this issue immediately. I am assuming that you were sitting somewhere near the kitchen? I hope that you accept our apology and will come back to give us another shot!