“Watchout”

Tamaki Custom Sushi
Ranked #314 of 460 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

So expensive for probably the worst cafeteria sushi . It was 19 dollars for two simple California rolls, and they weren't anything special.

1  Thank Korifizzja

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Great Subway style sushi/sushi bowl restaurant at a reasonable price. Owned by the same folks that own Ciao, but much more reasonable.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

Wonderful hand made sushi rolls with lots of options and under $10.00 !! Lunch specials and overall a good experience. Lots of locals eat here.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I went to this place for lunch because I'd heard good things about it. The concept is very good, and with a little more practice, I think this place will be the go-to spot for cheap sushi. The basic concept is this: you choose a protein, 4 veggie options, and as many sauces as you want. Vegetarian protein options include portobello mushrooms. However, they also have egg, another mushroom, item, and tofu available in the veggie section.
Some of the veggies did not seem very fresh. The taste of the soy wrap was stale--not good at all. The korean and mustard sauces are a good idea, but did not taste very good with the wrap. The mustard sauce was basically cheap salad dressing. The spicy mayo was the best.
Most people can have a good sushi meal for about $11 or two rolls.
I do plan to come here again sometime. I hope that the owner invests in fresh ingredients and more homemade sauce options -- as I believe that these are the keys to making this restaurant compete with the good sushi restaurants in the area. With a few key changes, I could see myself coming here regularly.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The idea of this place is awesome. Its essentially like Subway, just not sandwiches. Depending on who's working ultimately decides if your roll will be great or not. I've came here SO many times and some people barely put enough toppings on for the amount of money you're paying for and others totally make it worth it. I've even seen someone throw a piece of my roll away just because it didn't fit onto the small container he picked. I was so mad, who throws good food away? Get a larger container if it doesn't fit, you know? My one biggest complaint about the place though is the crunch topping that you can have on your roll, they always make a lot of it ahead of time (understandably) but it gets stale VERY quickly and just ruins the roll. So I always ask them to make some crunch topping fresh and they always make me feel like its inconvenience. It used to be a lot cheaper but since they opened up another location (in East Lansing) they jacked the prices up. Now its just as expensive as going to any other sushi place.

1  Thank I_Rose_S