“Great or terrible, depends on the who's working”

Tamaki Custom Sushi
Ranked #299 of 505 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The idea of this place is awesome. Its essentially like Subway, just not sandwiches. Depending on who's working ultimately decides if your roll will be great or not. I've came here SO many times and some people barely put enough toppings on for the amount of money you're paying for and others totally make it worth it. I've even seen someone throw a piece of my roll away just because it didn't fit onto the small container he picked. I was so mad, who throws good food away? Get a larger container if it doesn't fit, you know? My one biggest complaint about the place though is the crunch topping that you can have on your roll, they always make a lot of it ahead of time (understandably) but it gets stale VERY quickly and just ruins the roll. So I always ask them to make some crunch topping fresh and they always make me feel like its inconvenience. It used to be a lot cheaper but since they opened up another location (in East Lansing) they jacked the prices up. Now its just as expensive as going to any other sushi place.

1  Thank I_Rose_S

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Excellent ingredients. Some of the best sushi I've ever tried. Price was very reasonable, $5-$7. Highly recommend.