“Great Sushi and Fried Ice Cream”

Xiao China Grille and Lounge
Ranked #59 of 460 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: 517-580-3720
Description: 517-580-3720
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I recently visited Xiao for the first time and had a great meal. So everyone knows, I did have a coupon and that is what prompted me to go as it was 30 dollars for 50 dollars worth of food. My girlfriend and I ordered 3 sushi rolls...all of which were beautifully decorated and plated and was more than enough food for the two of us. After eating, our waiter let us know we still have 4 dollars left on the coupon and that prompted us to get the fried ice cream which was AMAZING! The location of Xiao is lacking as it is not close to anything nice and in a strip mall essentially. However, based strictly off my one and only experience, the sushi and ice cream were both amazing. One thing that they can improve on is provided by soup and salad to every person at the table. They currently have it so you get to choose soup or salad with each roll you purchase.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I met up with some family to celebrate my nephew's birthday at Xiao. It is a great place to go as a group so you can share different plates. However, they changed up their menu a couple of months ago. I was very disappointed to see that they completely removed the option for brown rice. Only white and fried rice options. I like to eat healthy and brown rice is a must. The food arrived and was good, not great. The presentation was definitely an A+ and service was also excellent. The Kung Pao chicken was a chef's special and was okay, but nothing special. Same with the sesame chicken. We also tried a few of the sushi rolls. Looked beautiful, tasted good, not great. I guess what I'm trying to say is, this place has good food, but no better than your average Asian restaurant. Also, had to ask for more rice... they only give you a tiny, tiny bowl. What's up with that?

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

The place is nice, service was good, but the food really brought the place down. We had spicy korean bbq, ramen noodle dish, and lobster diablo sushi roll. My husband and I felt they were all lacking some serious flavor. Glad we bought the Groupon rather than paying full price for what we got. Won't go back again.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Not the largest lunch buffet around but the quality was excellent for $8.75. Hot & sour soup is outstanding. Upscale interior.

1  Thank Clarkston_Rambler
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Nicely decorated. Fun to even pop in for a drink & a bit . Relaxing if you sit with friends too. Noice level is good so you can enjoy talking your friends . You don't really feel like you are in a strip mall. Yes I like the food . The staff will cook mine with a white garlic sauce I like .