Review of Chapelure

Ranked #159 of 473 Restaurants in Lansing
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The best cawfee around. Cakes are lovely, wifi is quick so it makes for a perfect breakout session to kick back and relax.

Excellent pastries - could stay there all day if it wasn't for all the calories you could consume.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We chose to go here because Mimi's Sweet Shop next door isn't open on Monday. One of the children with us was celebrating a birthday and we wanted some sweets after leaving the movie theater. We had 3 children between us, all 3 and under, and we felt REALLY out of place! Only one worker behind the counter, was not interested in offering any suggestions, just seemed in a hurry to shoo us out. We picked a couple items quickly, paid and ate outside - we didn't feel comfortable being at a table! Kinda pricey.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I've been to Chapelure 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and every time is even better than the last. On my first visit, I got an Almond Danish and a Blackforest Mocha. The coffee was good, but the pastry really stole the show. The lady working was also so sweet and welcoming. She made sure I knew about their loyalty program (which can get you a free piece of cake if you use it enough!) She was also working on my second visit, and she remembered me from the week before! She recommended a Raspberry White Truffle Mocha which was one of the most delicious and decadent drinks I've ever had! On this visit, I got the same mocha and added a Jamonda pastry, which is a croissant filled with custard and baked with almond paste. I absolutely love it, and I definitely think I've found my new study spot! Seriously, though: amazing pastries, decadent drinks, wonderful staff!