“Best sleep during our 4-day road trip!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We were so pleasantly surprised during both of our stays! First of all, they are pet-friendly and only charge $10, so our cat Mr. Felix was very happy! The hotel has great rates in general, it's quiet and very nice, which put us at ease and guaranteed a very comfy stay. Mattresses are good and everything is up-to-date and the rooms are spacious and well-equipped. As a complimentary service front staff will help you in case you forgot a smaller toiletry item such as your toothbrush, comb, etc. We asked for a room with two beds, which was one of those that has a connecting door to an adjacent room. Since it was possible the lovely Sakeena from the reception did her best to place us in a room with no other occupants next door. Rates are reasonable and everything is clean. The hotel is welcoming and the staff is genuinely helpful and very accomodating. On our next roadtrip through Michigan we will try and stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank naudubon

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this property. My first time ever staying at a Baymont and will return to one in the near future. The room was very clean but the bathroom could have used a bit more attention from the housekeeping staff. My room did have adjoining doors to another room and I thought for sure that was going to be an issue. However, I did not hear one thing from that room late in the evening. My only complaint would be is that you could hear a lot of water running from other rooms. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Casinoboy
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I really love the new tile that has been put into the rooms. I stayed at this hotel the beginning of this year and when I just came back I noticed they had done some renovations. Just wanted to say how great it looks and thanks again as always for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karly K
Reviewed 31 October 2011

for the price, the room was good. it did smell like smoke, and upon check-out I informed them so that I wouldn't get blamed, and was given a 20% discount. The staff was very friendly, and actually for the hotel being booked, it was VERY QUIET!

Room Tip: book through priceline and quote your price! got the room for $45.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank debbiemac25
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at the Baymont on 11th Ave. for the first time this weekend. I usually pick a little higher end hotel when we travel to Kalmazoo ( which we do frequently as our daughter is in school there - Go Western!). Because it was the WMU vs. CMU game this past weekend everyone was pretty full so I went with Baymont.
I wasn't expecting too much as the previous reviews were spotty but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was quiet, clean and very comfortable. Even though we were on the first floor and opened the window overnight for a little fresh air, the parking lot, hotel and patrons were quiet. I was expecting some noise as it is traditionally such a party weekend - but nothing. We did not have the breakfast, though lots of people were there when I went to get coffee, so I cannot comment on that. Overall, it was a very good experience and would definitely consider adding this hotel to my short list of good places to stay in Kalamazoo!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends