All reviews breakfast buffet nice bathroom nice hotel wings spent one night here early check room was large nice stay convenient location indoor pool spg lobby pottery pillows properties highway desk
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had an issue the last night of a week long stay and instead of just comping us for the one night we were told to contact customer service, which we did and they put enough stars on our account to cover a nights stay. Well, go to make reservations and no points..call and I am told they expired. So now, what? They tell me to go to any Sheraton and make a purchase with my "card" and the points will go back on. What? So I am supposed to spend money in bar/restaurant to get what you promised? Plenty of hotels out there that have reward system..Sheraton dropped the ball with theirs

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hello Laura91,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand how frustrating your experience has been, and I apologize you haven’t been able to get a clear answer.

Did you have an issue at our property specifically? I’d be happy to help find alternate compensation for you if you’d like to reach out directly. Our phone number is 269-385-3922.

If the points were promised to you by a different hotel, you will have to reach out to Starwood Preferred Guest directly at 1-888-625-4988.

Thank you again, and I hope we can get this resolved for you!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We booked this hotel on Hotwire. One of the main reasons in choosing this hotel over others was the indoor pool. It was going to be very hot and we wanted to stay cool by the pool. . Upon checking in there was a sign saying the pool was down. I was very disappointed but asked the check in clerk (Jessica V**d) about it hoping it would open up during our 3 day stay. She said it was closed indefinitely. I then asked why this wasn't disclosed before booking and she got angry and rude and said they have no control of their website and it wouldn't matter because we booked through Hotwire. As high tech as hotel booking is there is no reason this type of information couldn't be disclosed in real time. This information was not disclosed on Hotwire or this hotels own website and still isn't even though the pool is still down. The Hotel is nice and most of the other staff we had encounters with were pleasant but the actions and attitude of Jessica were very unprofessional.

Date of stay: July 2018
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello Brianphart,

Thank you for the feedback on your visit! I understand how disappointing it was to find our pool out of order. We had to perform some unscheduled emergency repairs and I’m happy to say it is back open. I apologize that your stay was affected, and for the response of our desk agent.

I am happy to hear the rest of our staff was pleasant. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all our guests. I hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves the next time you’re in Kalamazoo.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Found this on a discount website and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Not a bad location - Tap House is down the road and Meijer is an exit or two off 94. Staff is nice, rooms are pretty well equipped and having an onsite restaurant is a plus. Don't venture too far off the standards on the menu - you'll be disappointed.

Breakfast? Who knows - I wasn't going to pay $11 for it to find out. It was pretty quiet except when the boys soccer teams showed up at 8 p.m. and ran the halls for an hour. Otherwise, it was a good stay at a great price. Didn't stay the next night as the rates increased 3 fold....found another hotel, but for the price, I'd stay here again.

Room tip: Top floors - hopefully no sports teams are on that floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We came in at 10 PM late Friday night. I had called ahead and was assured that they had a crib and had sheets for it. When we arrived with our 5 month old, we were told by Dominique that they have a crib in the room but they do NOT provide sheets as it is a huge liability. I explained to her I had called ahead and was assured they had sheets and was told they will make sure it is in the room. She firmly again shrugged her shoulders rudely and stated “sorry. We don’t have any”. I asked for a manager and she got Reed from the Potters Restaurant who stated he was covering as manager for the hotel. I explained the situation to him and he didn’t seem to care until I informed him I would call the Baymont down the road or the Radisson and stay there and began calling in front of him. He then suddenly became helpful and stated he would see if the Holiday Inn across the street had any. 15 minutes later he had a yellowish looking mattress zipper sheet that he asked if it would work. I agreed as it was 10:45 by this point. He then proceeded to give me baby blankets and I had to explain that this isn’t acceptable as it is violates the government safe to sleep initiative and can cause SIDS. For this hassle the hotel staff gave us complimentary breakfast. Asked Dominique when the front desk manager would be in and was told Valerie would be in at 10 am saturday. Got to the room finally to find the crib piled high with king comforters and sheets and a pillow making it a huge liability and extremely unsafe do to SIDS risk. Removed these things from the crib to find a very dirty mattress. Called the desk and 15 minutes later maintenance was up to clean it. Fed my child, put him to sleep only to discover the air conditioning wasn’t working. Called the desk again. They informed me I should have called earlier as maintenance is no longer there and all they can do is move rooms. Declined as my baby was sleeping. Woke up the next morning exhausted as we barely got any sleep and the room being hot did not help. Went down to the desk and asked Lauren if Valerie was in. She informed me that Valerie wasn’t in until Sunday. However she was extremely helpful. She asked what had happened and I explained to her all of the issues. She offered us a $50 gift card to Potters. We did turn that down as we were going to Black Rock that night. She then took my phone number and explained she wanted to call Valerie to see what they could do as she wants to give a bigger discount than what she can authorize on her own. She was extremely helpful and completely understanding when I informed her I had worked desk at another Four Points property and knew they had crib sheets. We went to get breakfast and the housekeeping supervisor and her assistant came to our table and personally apologized and explained they would service our room and provide proper sheets for the crib as they have a whole box of them. They were so kind and agreed to change our comforter and sheets as well as my son had spilled baby food on them. Lauren called me later and informed me they had comped both nights of our stay so we wouldn’t have to pay anything for the stay. She was so professional and certainly deserves a raise for how she handled the situation. She also informed me that maintenance replaced the air conditioner in the room for a new one. The 2nd night was so much more comfortable and relaxing. We may stay again, but definitely recommend calling the housekeeping supervisor the day of arrival to confirm the staff has provided a crib sheet.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hello Ash N,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay! I know how frustrating your experience was, and I apologize we failed to provide an easy and comfortable arrival for you. Your experience has highlighted some key training opportunities for us moving forward.

I’m glad we were able to connect when you checked out. Thank you for your kind words to Lauren; she is a valued member of our team and I’m happy she was able to turn the stay around for you!

Feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you’re visiting Kalamazoo so we can make sure everything is ready for you and your family before you arrive.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay in 2 weeks for soccer tournament. It is conveniently located but in the a.m. it was utter chaos when everyone realized their cars were broken into. They have no security cameras or security staff. Also, they were told several times by police to beef up their security and never acted upon it. Police also said there were issues with drugs. I thought it was a decent option but the fact they were warned and took no action, I cannot tell people to stay here in good conscience

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Wiesy1122,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your recent visit. I understand how upsetting your stay ended up being. I apologize that the weekend finished in an unpleasant way for you and your teammates.

Our general manager would be happy to discuss any specific concerns you may have regarding our security protocol.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you’re in Kalamazoo. Thank you!