We stayed in the Italian room, which had the air of an authentic castle's Master Suite. The house is full of engineering marvels, like the heated marble flooring in the Italian room, the fiber optic "stars" in the earth & sky room, and the panel in the roof which automatically slides open to allow access to the roof and hot tub.
Francois, the owner, was extremely attentive and made sure our stay was excellent. The morning breakfast was delicious gourmet french toast made by Francois himself, the Master Chef. He treated us as though we were the only guests, even though he was preparing breakfast for a large company party that began within the hour.
The place is in need of some cosmetic repairs, but seems to be undergoing renovation in phases.
I would highly recommend this place - Francois is extremely dedicated to his work and passionately attends to the building and its guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Henderson Castle, the most popular bed and breakfast in Kalamazoo. Whether you're local or coming from Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing, South Bend or Chicago, you'll find us to be the best destination for your anniversary, birthday, wedding, graduation or romantic getaway. Situated in the historic West Main Hill neighborhood, you're minutes away from the theatres, shopping and vibrant night life of downtown Kalamazoo, but secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night free from the noise of the city. When you're with us, you'll have a royal experience. Wake up to an incredible breakfast prepared by our French chef Francois Moyet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Henderson Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henderson Castle Hotel Kalamazoo
- Henderson Castle Inn Bed And Breakfast