“Newly remodeled and very clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Caledonia
“Newly remodeled and very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a marriage conference weekend. I was kind of leery of making on line reservations in wonders of how the hotel may be, but have had good experiences with other Best Westerns so I made the reservations. I was pleasantly surprised, the place was beautiful, and the smell of fresh paint was nice too! I am kind of a neat freak, so when it comes to hotels I inspect everything in my room! It was so nice and clean and the set up of our room was great too with a jacuzzi bathtub. I love that the room had a mini kitchenette with micro and frig. The breakfast was a bonus too, with hot food included. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it for the price. The girl working the front desk was very nice and really set the scene for a positive experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Was visiting Western Mich University w/ my daughter so we needed a place to stay for one night. What a great deal! The rooms are huge, with two queen beds, big chair, sleeper sofa, frig, sink, microwave, desk, free wi-fi, and a 42" HD TV - all for 89 bucks. Rooms very clean, everything looks new. Great included breakfast buffet w/ hot entrees and a very nice lady taking care of things. She even let the patrons know that the buffet would be shutting down in 15 minutes and that we should take food back to our rooms if we wanted to. If my daughter ends up attending WMU, this is where I'll be staying every time I visit.

Room Tip: not needed
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rldace
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed here one night, in town for a funeral. Our room numbers 406 and 409. Both are very spacious rooms. 406 with 2 queens, pull out sofa and a kitchen area with full fridge and stove top. This room could have used better lighting in specific areas, ie the closet space and kitchen area. As the reviewer before stated, the renovation work could have been better, but overall, we were glad of the space and only being there one night it was more than worth the price. Room 409 has a king size bed with a sitting area and kitchen also, under counter fridge but still very spacious also. I was told our travel companions were very satisfied with the room and the rate also.

Room Tip: these rooms had showers but no tubs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wearegohen
detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the BW Plus outside of Kzoo. Gotta good price, and the hotel was definitely worth it. I think they recently remodeled the place. Good and bad. Good because it is updated and the rooms are very big. Bed was awesome. Bad because whoever did the remodel was not a skilled contractor. Workmanship kinda poor. But that really didn't affect our stay. Pool and hot tub nice, good breakfast. Room had fridge, microwave, sink. All in all, I paid $40 bucks less that the Hampton nearby. So it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank news37
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed at this property the weekend of January 6th-8th, 2012. We has a total of 3 rooms for our annual Family weekend. The rooms were super large with double kings sized beds and a sofa in each room. They were clean and attractive to walk into. The kitchenette area worked wonderfully for you nightly snack time and we never felt crowded even with the 14 people in our party. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not the greatest that I have ever had but there were several choices and we were full when we left for a days activites. The only real down side was that the hot tub was not working.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family