All reviews gourmet dinner carriage ride murder mystery thunder bay elk viewing murphy bed bus trip horse drawn mackinac island great adventure great weekend pot roast hole golf course rv park gas fireplace whirlpool tub wine samples
Reviewed 11 October 2018

When I walked into my room I said" Oh my this is so cute". It wasn't fancy but clean and adorable. The staff and owner were fantastic. Your wish is their command. The food was so good . The horse-driven ride for the Elk view and dinner were fantastic. Loved this wonderful place.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We shared a villa with another couple for a 3 day/2 night weekend. We loved the Elk View/Carriage Ride with the Wine Tasting Meal Event and would absolutely recommend this portion of our getaway to friends and family. However we were disappointed in the meal we had ordered on our off night in the club house and the villa lodging needs some additional cleaning attention.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Had a great time visiting Thunder Bay Resort. This is a very special place, run by very special people. Attention to detail was obvious. Personable and friendly staff. The meals were stupendous, and were presented so beautifully. The elk hunt was very awesome. This is a very special place.

1  Thank Destination146927
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I had a lovely time here for 3 days and 2 nights with a crafting group of 41 ladies, the rooms were clean and the towels and bed linens smelled as if they were cleaned with bleach (this is a positive), I also did a bedbug check and they passed with flying colors. The decor is a bit dated but this is unavoidable as their primary clientele probably prefers that type of thing. The grounds are so peaceful and beautiful, we walked to the clubhouse from our room just to take it all in. The food at the bar & grill is good, nothing fancy, but it was real food and the fruit was sweet and fresh (& the bar & grill staff was super friendly and attentive). The elk ride was interesting, I learned quite a bit. The dinner afterwards was delicious (but the soup was too salty), the wine samples were generous and the owner, his son and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I was part of 20 people staying in the villa's on the second fairway over Labor Day Weekend! This facility is awesome and the staff is incredible! The restaurant staff was great along with the golf staff! Would recomend this to everyone!!!