“girls wkn get away”

Residence Inn Grand Rapids West
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Grandville
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Greeted by very friendly staff. We arrived early and didn't thinl out room wood be ready just wanted to let staff know we would be visiting family and probably be late, the desk clerk, (I"m sorry I dont remember her name but she was very nice) said Iour room was ready We had a 2 bedroom suite. Each room had their own bathroom with shower, TV, queen bed, the mattress was sooo comfortable,the sheets were so soft and the pillows were great. Also had a fireplace in living area and a TV.A fully equip kitchen with full size stove Fridge,dishwasher, plates,bowls,coffee cups,glasses serving size bowls silverware serving utensils pots and pans. dishtowels and dish soap. The suite was very very clean. Breasfast was nice with biscuits and gravy, scramble eggs, yogurt, waffles, fruits, pasties, fruit juice coffee/tea and more. We love the Hotel. Would highly recommend this Residence Inn to anyone in the area. All the staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Your just off main road sothere are all kinds of resturants. There's a Mall, a Meijers store and...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you so much for the review lsap1951! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your girls weekend! I will be sure to pass on the kind words and hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

it was warm and inviting, the staff was helpful and knew the area well.
Great overall experience, safe, extremely clean, so comfortable!
I was greeted immediately upon arrival, instantly checked into a room a little bet before scheduled check in time. the bed was so comfortable.
shuttle arrangements were provided to conference. great breakfast and facilities.

Room Tip: Across from a huge mall, close to Grand Rapids
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Sylvia H,

Thank you so much for your incredible review! We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to you returning for the next convention or whatever might bring you back to the area!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a life time platinum with a little bit over 3 million points. Not super high by many standards but have enough to evaluate one category 4 Residence Inn against many other properties at same category.
Overall the staffs, facility, and environment met my expectation. Housekeeping, to me is very important, needs to improve. We didn't check in until our my mobile app notified us that our room is ready.

We found a dried out, blackened coffee pack in the coffee maker, a smelly sock in the drawer, some plates with dried out food. Enough things to give our stay a bad start.

With all that said, would I stay here again? Not definitely but probably yes because I hope this is isolated and not repeating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Kevin D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Although I am happy to hear that our staff, facility and environment suited your needs, I am concerned regarding your comments on the cleanliness of your suite. These items will be directly addressed with my housekeeping supervisor and the entire team. We pride ourselves in providing clean, comfortable accommodations, so please accept my apologies as it sounds like we have fallen short of our goal here. Please feel free to contact me should you want to discuss these items further.

With sincere apologies,

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

First bad hotel review. ( please check )
Front desk gentleman was short and rude to my wife. She asked for an extra pillow and blanket because we had two boys sleeping on pull out. The zipper package of pillow sheet and blanket only had one and no fitted sheet. He said they were sold out and couldn't get us any. He did actually get us one pillow and a blanket( I said even another sheet would have worked.)
Room smells like wet dog, there is mold
In tub and ground in dirt. Duct tape is holding vent cover in place and there is some red sticky substance on pillows.

Not cool. Run away.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Shawn B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us feel well below expectation. I am currently working with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to investigate how and why a room in this condition was released for rent. We have a detailed cleaning, and preventative maintenance program to keep issues like the ones you mentioned from happening. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at awhite@fhginc.com.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend while in town for a wedding and had a great experience. The rooms were large and clean. Service was very good as well. The breakfast was better than most other Marriott properties we've been to and on one morning they came around with a tray of mango smoothie samples which were very tasty. Great location close to a mall and several restaurants but far enough off the main road that you don't hear a lot of road noise. Great stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Bill D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! I am glad you enjoyed your time here, and I will be certain to pass along the kind words to our staff!! We hope that we will see you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Grandville area.

Best Wishes,
Andrew White

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
2.7 km away
3.1 km away
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 6 in Grandville

Been to Residence Inn Grand Rapids West? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK