All reviews room was clean typical breakfast helpful with directions definitely stay at this hotel again the noise level nice hotel double queen room waffles a lot of noise the breakfast area business stay an older hotel quiet location visiting family nice breakfast nice size indoor pool
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Fairfield hotel and suites grand Rapids MI
I was part of a large group staying at the hotel. Breakfast is provided but it starts at 7 normally. We needed to be on the road by 7 so the hotel graciously started earlier to accommodate us.
There is an indoor pool and a fitness center to use, but the fitness center was unavailable when we stayed. My room was 326 and it was well appointed with the usual amenities. The refrigerator even could freeze ice packs. The bed was comfortable (for me) but the pillows were not very rest inducing. Felt like wet bags of cement (personal observation). The one really glaring thing about this stay was the huge spotlight in the parking lot shining right at our window. Even with the blackout blinds it looked like daylight in the room all night. My suggestion is to try a room on the other side of the hotel.
Breakfast is decent with scrambled eggs and sausage. And also waffles and cereal. More than satisfactory.
Our room rate was $120 a night including taxes. Not cheap but decent considering the amenities.
I would stay here again the next time I am in Grand Rapids, just not on that side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 326 has a parking lot spotlight shining in the window all night.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We very much enjoyed the Fairfield in Grand Rapids. Our room was very clean and looked newly decorated. It even smelled new. We liked the toilet being separate from the shower area.

The service was very good and we would return again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2017

One of the best hotels I've stayed in, in a while. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff brought anything we ran out of up to our room soon after we called the front desk. Towels were replenished often in the pool room. The continental breakfast was one of the best that I have ever had at a hotel. It had hot and cold options and a wide variety to pick from. The breakfast area was kept clean and the food was replenished as soon as it was out. I would definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Kid friendly hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while on business travel. My go-to hotel when in this area was sold out. I'm a Marriott fan but I don't frequent Fairfield Inns. I had seen this hotel before but wasn't sure what to expect as the building to me needs to be pressure cleaned. Looks can be deceiving! This hotel had the best customer service and the room was clean. Breakfast was fine. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here to "get away" during one especially dreary night in Michigan. We appreciated the quiet pool and breakfast bar. The pool is open until midnight, which is great for us, and the hotel is right by the Cantina bar and grill, which we love!

Lots of other establishments in walking distance, but not what I would call tourist attractions. About 15 minutes from downtown, this is more your busy-box-store area. I would suggest this place for business folks and budget travelers who like to Uber.

Stayed: December 2016