All reviews holiday inn express front desk nice indoor pool needed a place to stay sleeper sofa would stay here again mini fridge bagels the hotel is clean the breakfast area grand rapids area bed was very comfortable meijer sink shuttle tournament
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is older and undergoing renovations. The staff were warm and very accommodating though and my room was very clean. They gave me recommendations and directions to restaurants in the area and made me feel very at home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Todd C, General Manager at Grand Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you, Duncansally for reviewing your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that our staff was up to your standards. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so we will make sure to relay that message to them! Again, Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and we hope to see you back again soon!

With Kindness,

Krista F.
Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Staff were very friendly, room was comfortable but needs a little updating. The washroom drains were all clogged. The pool and hot tub was disgusting. Dirty and in serious need of repair. The hot tub control was literally hanging off the wall land was not working and this the Jets did not turn on. The hot tub water level was so low it was not circulating through the filter. The water was filthy and we didn't dare step into it. Very disappointing as we were looking forward to a hot tub soak after a long day. Safe your money and book somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi MLussier2014,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. It is good to know that you found our rooms to be comfortable. Thank you as well for noting our friendly staff.

I am sorry for the disappointments you had in the pool and hot tub, especially with its cleanliness level. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards. Your comments have been documented and will be reviewed in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction for our valued guests.

We consistently strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and your comments will certainly help us achieve this goal.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I found this hotel to be what I usually expect from a chain like HI, it’s clean and comfortable, the staff were nice, it was affordable and had free parking. Missing a microwave though. My very huge complaint now is I booked with pre-paid reservations and HI has now charged me again for my stay, so now I have to spend time calling CC companies and HI to fix it. I hate fixing it. HI should not have awful systems.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! We are sincerely sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied. We are also very disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with our systems. I am confident that necessary steps will be made to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.
On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear that you were comfortable in your clean room! I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and we hope to see you back again soon so we can make it up to you!

With Kindness,

Krista F
Director of Sales

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I stayed at this property from February 5 through February 8, 2018 on a business trip. As a member of the IHG Rewards program, I expected to be treated as I would at every other property operated by the Holiday Inn family. Sadly I was dead wrong.

This hotel was obviously constructed by a different brand and converted to a Holiday Inn Express. The interior décor, layout and amenities are NOT standard Holiday Inn Express. My first bad experience was shortly after check in. the original room that I was assigned had non working heat. During my stay Grand Rapids was in the midst of snow storms and bitter cold temperatures, with lows in the single digits. I walked in to a room where the thermostat on the wall read an air temperature of 55 degrees. I turned the thermostat up as high as I could, and the heater blew nothing but cold air for almost 2 hours. I contacted the front desk staff repeatedly, who said that it just takes awhile to warm up at first, but finally they did relent and said that they are having issues with the heat in several of the rooms on my floor and they finally did reassign me to another room. During my entire stay all of the common areas, hallways and the breakfast area were ice cold.

Speaking of the breakfast area, that was a total waste of time. The hot foods were also served ice cold, just like the ambient air temperatures in the common areas. The coffee, luke warm at best. The only hot item that came out hot were the make your own pancakes. Everything else that was in a steam table/chafing dish was under a safe holding temperature. I spoke to the breakfast buffet server about the condition of the food, but she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

During my stay the hot tub also broke, and the hot water in my room also ran out. Maintenance did manage to get those items addressed, and for that I am grateful. It appears as though they are building a new Holiday Inn Express right next door to this property based on the signage and in my opinion not a moment too soon.

Room tip: Wait until the new hotel opens in the summer of 2018 to book this property.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear TJMiller68,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you had with the room you received and the response you had from our staff. I am also sorry that the quality of our breakfast items were not to your liking. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We had a scavenger hunt, went to an escape room, ended up here for swimming & fun. Room has 2 nice Queen beds & a sofa sleeper. We all had fun. Plenty of room & it had a mini fridge & microwave too. It was pretty reasonable too.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Amanda M, Manager at Grand Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Wow what a birthday party! We're absolutely thrilled we were able to be a part of such a fun time! From our entire team we wish the sweet 16 year old a Happy Birthday and look forward to your next stay with us.