See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We stayed at the Grand Rapids Inn after long days driving from Louisville Ky.,when your tired ,you just want to clean up and sleep.Had get going early next morning to Toronto .,Ontario.Apon getting home that night I realized I had left my tablet computer under the sheets in our room.I immediately called and spoke to the night clerk Nick.same person that checked us in day before..He told me to call housekeeping next morning which I did.The morning clerk Kevin at front desk said housekeeping did indeed have it and would hold it for me until I returned as I needed to make another trip to the U.S.Even thou it was a 5 hr detour to pickup my tablet I was at peace it would be there.NOT ! ! !.I spoke Kevin ,who feigned he couldn't remember talking to me, talked the head of housekeeping .looked like she was on crack ,denied knowing anything and tried to speak with Nick .owner of the place as he happened to be there.Ignored me and had to sneek out.i left 2 notices for the staff to please call for a reward ,one at the front office another note for housekeeping staff.After 2 months nothing..I would never recommend this motel to anyone.The tablet is not worth much but the personal and business info is irreplaceable. For the cleaner to take this ,a $20 item and for Kevin to lie to me make me drive for hours to not retreive my property is pathetic..Advice KEEP AWAY from this dump.It would take no effort to hall the 3 cleaners in for a chat and confront them.They know who was assigned to my room on that day.But nobody could be bother.Theives and Crooks.!

Room tip: Keep away. ! ! !
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

It was an okay visit for the money. The rooms were clean. The only thing I did not like was the fact that in the morning upon leaving was asked by a police officer if i was on paper. But other than that was a peaceful night.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Do yourself a favor. Spend the extra to stay at the hotel on the other side of 28th st. This place needs to be shut down by the health department and demolished. Staff is rude, rooms are nasty and outdated, carpet is never cleaned, TVs are garbage, bathrooms are disgusting, and the roaches are everywhere(in the plumbing and electrical systems). Add to that the drug deals, prostitution, and the fact that you have to get to your room outside( which in winter is just begging for someone to slip, fall, and break something). AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We moved into this dump because the rates were cheep. Guess you get what you pay for. We stayed here for about four months. In the first couple of weeks during a rain storm the ceiling in our kitchenette began to leak. Maintenance came to our room immediately and just taped some plastic to the ceiling. Within a couple of hours that fell on the floor, and we placed the waste basket under the leak to catch the water. After a few days the maintenance crew came by and asked about the leak. Of course we told them it was still leaking.

For the next few months [approx. 6 months] we just put up with the constant dripping We were inundated with COCKROACHES. They were everywhere. After approximately four months we had that problem under control, being pretty much roach free, I found one of the places they got in was through the overflow in the bath tub. I spent about $150.00 on products to remedy this situation. They did spray once while we were there, and that only made the problem worse.

We also had a problem with our HVAC. During the winter the unit would never shut off and we had to constantly turn the unit on and off manually. We notified the maintenance department about 10 times of this problem, but they never even bothered to come and look. This type of service is what I came to expect while staying there. When we first moved in the shower head was broken. I requested a repair and 3 days later the maintenance man came by. I told him I had purchased a new one and installed it myself.

Other than the "we don't care" attitude and the filthiness of the grounds this place is a real dump to stay at. My suggestion is that you avoid it at all costs. They only have one person who works there that is the lest but pleasant to the renters. His name is Kevin.

MY SUGGESTION IS... AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS

One more thing. They have WIFI but is is very slow and is constantly going off. When you complain they may take hours to get it back on.

Room tip: Do not stay herr
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Expedia needs to remove this property from their list of motels and not offer this place as a choice. The floors were filthy, a large crack under the door, bugs, looked like roaches. The towels were like sandpaper. The tile grout around the tub was moldy and parts missing on the tub overflow drain. The entire bathroom was a disaster. Outside activity all night long. Sounded as if someone was negotiating a price for services. I was concerned about the safety of our vehicle.

Room tip: do not stay here. Wish I had taken a photo of the bathroom
Date of stay: September 2016