All reviews rooftop bar exposed brick hardwood floors social hour expensive parking full kitchen two bedroom suite great hotel within walking distance parking garage city view stayed longer would definitely stay here again evening reception staff was extremely helpful free breakfast great city
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here overnight while in Grand Rapids for a concert. We had made a reservation through an online booking company a month earlier, but when we arrived, the hotel had no record of it. The clerk and then the manager worked very hard to find us a room, even though the hotel was sold out (it was a high profile, sold-out concert, with every downtown hotel fully booked). They went above and beyond to make sure we had accommodations for the night.

This is a new property, in a remodeled older building. The floors are gorgeous original, refinished hardwood, and the lobby has exposed brick from the original building. The room was beautiful, with a comfortable bed, and nice walk-in shower, as well as a full kitchen. The breakfast was delicious, with fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and other healthy options. There was a reception from 5-7 in the evening with a wine and cheese bar. Very good.

The only problems we had were: elevators were slow, expensive parking ($34 for less than 24 hours)and we didn't have time to explore other facilities the hotel offers. I still would highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay downtown.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila S
esteinmetz, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Hello Sheila S,

Thank you for the review and comments about your recent stay! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I took my nieces for an overnight girls trip and they loved this hotel. The suites were nice and spacious, big tall windows in the room offering lots of natural light and great views around town. The beds are a little stiff, maybe because they are brand new? The pool area was smaller, no hot tub, but the pool is salt water which was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was great. Just what you expect from a Hilton property. Parking was a little confusing. When I booked it told me parking was a certain price so I assumed they hotel had it's own lot. But they don't. You park in one of two adjacent lots and pay on your own. Not that big of a deal but good to know up front. Also, the lobby of the hotel is on the second floor of the building. Their is a loading zone at the front door you can leave your car in while going in to check-in. TIP: I highly recommend becoming a Hilton Honors member so you can check-in online and use your phone as your room key. Much more convenient than going up to the second floor, checking in, going back down, driving down the block to park and coming back. Their location is great if you need to be in downtown. Within walking distance of a lot of things. Visit the giant tire swing if you have a moment. It's two blocks away. Lastly, the staff at this hotel was amazingly friendly. That is hard to find and much appreciated.

1  Thank LoveToLeaveFeedback
esteinmetz, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Hello LoveToLeaveFeedback,

Thank you for your comments. We love hearing from our guests about their stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your feedback with the team!

We look forward to serving you again,

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We stayed at Homewood Suites for 5 days. Very convenient to downtown, and lots of great restaurants nearby. The staff are super friendly, willing to assist as needed and the breakfasts are free & really good. The beds were comfortable and we had everything we needed... definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great hotel in the GR area!

Room Tip: Some rooms have an interior view w/ less light - preferred the "city view" on a high floor!
1  Thank Stephanie987

Hello Staphanie987,

Thank you for your review. My team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Come back soon,

Reviewed 15 August 2016

It used to be the Amway Grand, which I love, but for about half the price, this is very nice. I like the way that they incorporated it into the old building with the exposed brick. The rooms are very spacious and have full kitchens for longer stays. Breakfast was very good and the salt water pool was nice for the grandkids. The hotel is right in the heart of everything.

Room Tip: Higher floor with city view
1  Thank Lstouffer

Hello Lstouffer,

We love that we are your new go to hotel! Thank you for the wonderful review!

See you soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We went to Grand Rapids for a birthday weekend for our 13 year old twins. We prefer to stay in a suite when we travel so that my husband and I can have some privacy. As there were not many hotels available in the downtown area that had suites available, we decided to try the Homewood Suites Downtown. We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and our room was available. Check in was in and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The suite was a nice size, however, the King suite was not available, so we had booked a queen. As other reviewers have noted, this hotel recently opened and is in a renovated historic building. The renovations were tastefully done and it is a very aesthetically pleasing space, both in the rooms and in the common areas. The wooden floors do squeak and you do hear furniture being moved, but this was never a problem at night for us. There were some negatives thought. The bed was not the most comfortable. it was ok for us, but I imagine it will become lumpy and uncomfortable soon. The bath tub did not drain properly and we ended up with a tub full of water after each shower. As the hotel is right downtown, they probably should have used better quality sound proof windows. The first night there was an Olympic celebration down the street that kept my kids awake until 1 am. Complementary breakfast is included and there was an adequate spread. They did have make your own waffles, scrambled eggs and a few other items, but more fruit and bread choices would have been nice. The staff manning the buffet was great. So was the coffee. The gym was very nice and they even have an indoor pool. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view away from elevators
2  Thank Warriorwoman33

Hello Warriorwoman33,

We hope your 13 year old twins enjoyed their birthday! I am sorry for the tub drain inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating.

We look forward to serving you again,