“Good meal, great staff”

Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille
Ranked #338 of 1,010 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grand Rapids' favorite place to watch a sporting event. Perfecting the sizzling steak since 1960!
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The food was good but not great. Our waitress was unbelievable, she was definitely a credit to the establishment. The atmosphere was nice, family oriented but not too loud. We enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I have always enjoyed going to Branns for some wings and drinks with Husband and friends and watch some sport's but the last couple months this Branns on Division has disappoint me in the bar area as they are letting people over drink and get into fights very sad to see it be managed wrong the food is great but waitress. Engage in drinking with the patrons and letting loud customers annoy other patrons makes me not go there for drinks anymore

1  Thank 684rachaelc
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Usually good, but not the last 3 times. Example, my fiancaes meal came before that of my own. She was almost done (3/4 done with her steak dinner), when my own just came. I ordered a Porterhouse steak Mediem done, it came to me well done. I had them take it back and to give me a no more then med done Porterhouse. By this time, my fiancae was done with her meal. About 15 minutes later, my steak came to me, but was not a Porterhouse steak. I again called for the mgr. A woman came to my table claiming she was the owner and would make it right with me. However, we ran out of time (nearly an hour a 45 minutes lapsed). I had nothing to eat, was very disappointed. This was uncalled for (priority should have taken place to my order) This was the Leonard Street branch. The two luncheons prior were similar, but not as tasteless. Never again. There's diners out there that care as if there eatery depended on there customers fine dining pleasure.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Always enjoy a Brann's sizzler and last night was great as well. Busy but seated in a few minutes. Steak cooked perfect sweet potato great as well. Waiter I believe was new, so a bit slow, but overall very good.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I have been to the Brann's Steakhouse in Grandville and Holland and they were great. My husband had never been to one so I took him to this location and I was so disappointed! When we walked in staff kept walking past us ignoring that we were waiting to be seated. Finally someone came up to seat us.
The service was ok, refills came fast, and all the food was hot, but I especially like the rolls and we were never brought anymore.
The food was awful. The mozzarella sticks were soggy, the mashed potatoes and gravy had so much pepper it was inedible, the steak was so thick with seasoning I had to scrape off most of it to taste anything, the steak was burnt to the metal plate it came out on, the potato soup had large chunks of potato that were not soft.
I didn't like the atmosphere either. It was very dark in there.
I will never return to this location again.