“Extremely Dissappointing”

Brann's Steakhouse & Sports Grille
Ranked #338 of 1,010 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grand Rapids' favorite place to watch a sporting event. Perfecting the sizzling steak since 1960!
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I have been to the Brann's Steakhouse in Grandville and Holland and they were great. My husband had never been to one so I took him to this location and I was so disappointed! When we walked in staff kept walking past us ignoring that we were waiting to be seated. Finally someone came up to seat us.
The service was ok, refills came fast, and all the food was hot, but I especially like the rolls and we were never brought anymore.
The food was awful. The mozzarella sticks were soggy, the mashed potatoes and gravy had so much pepper it was inedible, the steak was so thick with seasoning I had to scrape off most of it to taste anything, the steak was burnt to the metal plate it came out on, the potato soup had large chunks of potato that were not soft.
I didn't like the atmosphere either. It was very dark in there.
I will never return to this location again.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I visited this restaurant because a good friend always talked about his dinners at Brann's. Now I was (finally) at the neighborhood and invited my friend an my brother. We've had a nice typical American dinner and some beers. Until closing.
Friendly people and just good food !

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Service was fine.But the food was horrible.We both started with 10 wings each.They were from the freezer to the fryer.Very under cooked.Wife got buffalo and nasty..I got mesquite and they were coated (I mean like a crust) on the wings.Salty and inedible .Had 2 beers each and left without ordering entrees..Never again..

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I have been to Brann's before but not this location. I love the menu, prices, and beer selection. Unfortunately, the service was way short of expectations. I think it was just my server as I watched others receiving prompt, friendly service from their waitresses.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

While we were seated and greater fairly quickly I honestly feel like there was horrible communication between the service and the cooks and the cooked were not doing anything properly. Ribs were very dry, hamburgers were almost burnt tho it was asked for medium. We had to send a steak back 3 times before it was cooked as ordered ( no seasonings, medium), and their boneless wings are nothing more than cut up chicken fingers with dipping sauce. Maybe it was just a bad day, but overall it was a bad choice to come here. The owner tried to make up for it by taking things off the bill and offering free food upon another visit but honestly someone needs to get fired or trained better...