1,093 results
All reviews the concierge lounge eucalyptus steam room separate tub great hotel river view high floor room service upscale hotel art prize self park valet parking business trip devos place corner room convention center downtown gr front desk staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came into GR for a conference and stayed for 4 nights. Had a beautiful room and experienced great customer service. The location was walking distance to several very good restaurants and attractions, like the Ford Presidential Library.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have never had a bad experience at Marriott hotels so paying a little extra was worth it. With floor to ceiling views of the river, oversized shower and tubs and top notch amenities, we were very impressed. The service was top notch. I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We spent the weekend just for fun. Great hotel!! Views are amazing. Staff is fantastic. close walking to all of downtown Grand rapids. The bar serves perfect martini's. The rooms are modern and large. You are in the center of downtown Grand rapids

Room tip: I like the River view, but the city view is great as well
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

The absolute worst experience in 5 years on the road. I'm a Platinum Premier Elite. That being said, I should have been given a better room than the 7th floor with a view of the parking garage. Out of 23 floors, this is the best you could do at over 300 a night? In the morning, I had to go and request entrance to the Concierge Lounge. Why? When security was called to take me to the oversized vehicle lot (their policy), no one was available to pick me up. The Valet "borrowed" another guest's vehicle and drove me. You basically stole a car. I thought it was his personal car until he told me "They'll never know." during the ride. Maybe not, but this is a really lousy thing to do. I'd be pretty pissed if you drove strangers in my car.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
NorinaC12, Manager at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to share feedback in regards to your recent stay. We take great pride in the level of service that we offer our guests, and your experience with us does not promote this.

On behalf of the team, please accept our sincerest apology for the lack of attention and service that was provided to you. While the team member was making an attempt to assist you, there is absolutely no reason an alternative option could not have been found to do so. This is something we are taking very seriously and will be addressed with the team member and the department leader.

As a Platinum Premier member, your loyalty is very important to us. I'm sorry that this particular experience did not allow for you to feel the trust and appreciation we hope to gain from our loyal members.

If you wish to discuss your stay with us further, please allow our Director of Rooms, Norina Cadili to assist further. She can be reached directly at: ncadili@ahchospitality.com

Thank you again and we hope for the opportunity to share a much better experience with you in the future.

At Your Service,

JW Team

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Love this hotel. The hotel, the rooms, the lobby, the staff were all top notch. The service staff was friendly and accommodating. Room service was great. We had a lovely room with a river view. It was clean, beautiful and very comfortable. Bedding was 5 star.

TravelDivaDayna