“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Rochester, Michigan
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed here for one night during LaughFest. We stayed in a standard room, which was very clean. The pool was very nice as well. Only minor complaint would be that when we went down for breakfast 45 minutes before it closed, a lot of the food seemed to be gone and wasn't restocked. Had to ask the waitress for a few things from the kitchen.

Location is good with downtown only a few minutes away.

Overall it was very good and would likely come back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear JorgeCurioso,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback very much on the breakfast, Jorge. I will notify my breakfast attendant of your comments. If you are in the area in the future we would love to have you stay with us again!

Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We visited from out of town for Grand Rapids' "Laugh Fest" and chose to stay at this hotel because it is #1 for the area on Trip Advisor. So glad we did! Staff is genuinely nice & happy to see you. Our room was considered a suite and had a sofa & oversized chair in a living space off the bed area. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Pillows are small so bring your own favorite one. Bathroom is standard size. Complimentary toiletries are on the low end (Pantene shampoo/conditioner). The showers do not have any safety bars and the floor is slick so, one recommendation that I would suggest to the owner, is to add safey bars. Quiet location. Very pleased with the blackout drapes as the hotel faces either the interstate or main road depending on which side of the hotel your room is located.The continental breakfast is more than enough and that's a plus because I didn't see any nearby restaurants other then one that is more suited for lunch & dinner although, on Trip Advisor, the restaurant did not receive good ratings. Hotel is about a 5 minute drive to downtown Grand Rapids and right next to Meijer Gardens. We would stay herer again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Twobings,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I appreciate the feedback on the shower handles and slippery floor. As it turns out, we have bath mats available at the desk upon request, and we have some portable shower rails as well. They actually hold up very well under stress! If you are in the area again, we would love for your to stay with us!

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This really is a great hotel to stay at while on business or pleasure in the Grand Rapids area. While you could choose to be right on 28th street with all the big chain stores and restaurants very close by, this hotel really is a much better choice.

The Meijer gardens are very close by and this is a nice place to walk around if you get the chance. If you prefer some indoor exercise there is a pool and a small fitness area

I have had the opportunity to stay here for nights at a time last year while working in Grand Rapids. The staff was always welcoming and accomodating and I really enjoyed being able to come in at the end of the day and see a friendly face behind the front desk who welcomed me by name.

At times I had to make last minute reservations, but they always tried to make sure they could find me a room even if they were filled. I never was told that I had to find a room elsewhere.

Even at night they were more than willing to get hot water for tea if it was out, and most nights (depending on when I got in) there were cookies at the check-in desk. And you cannot beat having an extremely large choice of hot breakfast items to choose from every morning along with cold breakfast options. There are choices even for those who are health conscious so if you can avoid the temptations you can still stick to your diet plan.

What kinds of choices are available? Rotating hot items in the morning and standard Belgian Waffle maker, Oatmeal, Hard Boiled eggs, juices, milk, coffee, tea, breads, bagels, English muffins, small pastries and muffins, cold cereal, mixed fruit and usually fresh fruit: bananas and oranges. In the Fall they would have some really good Michigan apples as well (a nice change from the Red Delicious at most chains which I don't call "delicious" at all).

The hotel is clean, and newer and the staff is extremely friendly. The area is safe and that is another reason that I would opt for staying here versus off of 28th street. No worries for my car parked in the lot. Well-lit.

The hotel really does care about what you think and will try to make things right if at all possible if there is a problem. In fact, one morning while I was at breakfast, the owner actually came up to me (I did not know who he was at the time). He asked me about my stay, and if I had any suggestions. They really do take to heart customer concerns. I don't know too many hotels that have the owners actually engage in conversation with patrons regarding how they can do better.

The rooms suites have a mid-sized fridge, and microwave. Some have large whirlpool tubs (not something that I need), large beds that are extremely comfortable and flat screen TV's. Downstairs there is also a small business area with computers and printers that are available and complimentary for internet use and small printing projects.

There is a sitting area in the lobby and a free "book share" available if you want to read something during your stay (or even after).

If there is a planned large event, I never felt like my needs came second to the people who were at that meeting or in that wedding party.

I will definitely stay here again if the opportunity warrants. So, if you find yourself looking for a reasonably priced hotel chain in Grand Rapids, this is definitely my number one recommendation. There are a few times during the year when they are sold out or very busy and that is usually during Art Prize (late Se[tember until early October).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DOCDO6890
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear DOCDO6890,

Thank you very much for the very informative review of our hotel! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback means a lot to our staff here. I'll make sure to post your review for our employees to read. I bet they will get a kick out of your nice kind words. I appreciate that you took the time to write such a descriptive review of our property. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon, DOCDO6890.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I always am pleased with my stays at this chain. Room was clean and well-appointed. They even had a safe to store my valuables in the room. King size bed was comfortable. Good breakfast and free wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deb41969
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Deb41969,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback very much! We hope to see you again very soon.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We have stayed in Grand Rapids numerous times while visiting family, and this was our first stay at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East. It is a fairly new, nicely maintained, clean hotel with attentive staff. I would have given this hotel a "5"...except I was expecting more for a room for $124 a night. It is a nice place that will not dissapoint most travelers, however, I know there are better values in the area for similar amenities and service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SailChicago2217
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Sailchicago,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback very much! Depending upon availability our rates can certainly change. Thankfully, there are many ways to save on rates! Let us know what brings you into town and we might have a special rate for you during your stay. You can also head over to our home page and check out package deals or special offers. Sometimes there are promotional deals that include extra value for your stay. If you are a Club Carlson member you can also receive updates and emails about promotional offers and special dates. I know sometimes they come off as spam but if you are traveling to the area and it falls within the dates of a special offer, you could earn a bit of extra value on top of the room rate. I hope I've been able to help! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff appreciates your nice kind words. If you have any questions or concerns please email me.