“Worth the visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

One Trick Pony
Ranked #85 of 914 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

Was recommended to go to this restaurant from some of the locals where I was working at. It was SO worth the visit. The menu had a nice selection of sandwiches, dinner entrees and pizzas. I had the Chicken Marsala which was excellent-the chicken was tender moist and you could taste the white wine it was simmered in ever so slightly. It was cooked in fresh mushrooms and onions. The vegtables were cooked crisp and very flavorful... My dinner companion had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. She also had a turkey curry vegtable soup which she said was excellent with rich flavor.
The wait staff was attentive and prompt....

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Dessert Menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

A few friends and I had dessert at One Trick Pony, and we were very impressed by their dessert menu. Four of us split two desserts and it was perfect! We had the really chocolatey one and the apple crisp. Our waitress was very helpful, and we even came on a night when there was live music, which made for a very fun atmosphere. My only complaint would be it was a little bit expensive. Other than that, we had a great experience!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Portage, MI
“First visit and will certainly dine here again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

The spinach dip was delicious. Much different than the traditional recipes on most menus. This variation was light and creamy with real spinach throughout. It is served with a variety of crackers, chips and grilled pitas. A great place for a cozy and relaxing diner with friends.

1 Thank TravelingBananas
Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oasis in the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

The city was in shut down mode as a winter storm was about to grip Grand Rapids. The locals and others stayed closed to home as the normally brisk December restaurant scene was slow at best. When I arrived the kithchen had just closed, the staffed welcomed me and set me up. The One Trick Pony has a full bar, ample wine selection and a nice compliment of bottle and draft beer. I ordered a specialty pizza, the Southpaw. Nice crust, balance of meat and vegis, and I loved the whole roasted garlic cloves. This a the type of place once I am lucky enough to find, I make a point to get back to. The One Trick Pony is a corner tavern with warm decor and good food, not bar food - good food. Staff is professional and freindly and take pride in the establishment. Thank you for a good meal.

1 Thank Benny44136
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This used to be one of my favorites, but recent visit haven't been that great :(”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009