“Pleasantly Surpirsed”
Review of City Buffet

City Buffet
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Ledge
Reviewed 17 May 2017

There is no mistaking this was a burger king building. They haven't done much to the inside or outside. The food was great for a buffet, and the staff maintained it neatly, clean and refilled often. Grill on the side for a made to order.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We were here about 8:30 pm on a weeknight and there weren't many customers. The owners were super friendly and made a couple of dishes they recommended on their grill for us.

Overall their buffet has much of what other Chinese buffets in the Lansing area have, but was very good. Food was fresh and hot.

We have always liked the House of Hsu and have gone there for better than 40 years, but it has gone downhill since the new owners bought it and I think we like the City Buffet better than the House of Hsu now.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

While this isn't a Pf Changs, it has decent Chinese food and a staff of family that is attentive and kind. They make special orders for my picky kids at their hibachi style area. They have crab legs at dinner, which is great for my husband! We have a family of 5 and they accommodate everytime. Sure, there are tons of buffets in the area, but this one is close to home and has friendly staff that care.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Overall I would say the food is pretty good. The staff is not so friendly. The prices are average, (however they don't offer as much as some of my other favorite buffet type restaurants do). And to be honest the last two times we've been there as a family all of us of the ended up sick afterwards. I cannot pinpoint that is the only reason that we all got sick but we no longer go there because of this. There is much better Chinese buffets about 5 mins from there.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I have dined here once! I am half asian and I know good food from bad! This stuff is good if you don't know what good chinese is.

Put it this way, it would work it's way up to be bad!