All reviews pool area renaissance festival great hotel pool and hot tub flint grand blanc waffles exercise room home away from home room was clean and comfortable a great stay fitness center business trip front desk staff applebees pillows michigan microwave
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Stayed overnight to be closer to the Michigan Renaissance Festival. The hotel was completely booked for the weekend and even though we arrived early, they got us our room well before regular check in time. The room is average and appears clean however upon examining the beds the mattress pad had hairs and there were many stains on the mattress which appeared to be from spilled drinks on the edges, and I did not dare to examine further. Location is near major freeways so I imagine it's close to the airport, but it took us about 15 minutes of driving to get to major shopping or a variety of restaurants. There is an Applebees and Bob Evans right as you come into the property. There is a tiny indoor pool and jaccuzzi. The pool area was also very quiet given it was busy weekend. Breakfast is included and consists of your usual warm continental offerings that can be prepared by microwave or pulled from freezer, however there is a large variety including biscuits, sausage, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs (which weren't fresh cracked), waffle maker, fresh apples,oranges,bananas, fruit from a can, and yogurt along with coffee, tea, milk, and sugary juices. Check out was a breeze and the hotel desk staff were very friendly. We were right near the lobby but didn't hear anyone in the hallways after 8pm. So nice not to have loud guests in the halls.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank familyfun88
Reviewed 27 August 2015

the only issue we had is the towel for the pool were to small and that many times there wasn't any.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate10974, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Thank you for your review!

I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay. I can understand the frustration about the pool towels. We have taken care of the lack of towels. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I made a reservation for 2 queen beds (although there was an option to choose 2 double is available). Upon arrival I have been assigned 2 double. There was no notification from front desk rep that there was an issue. I had to go to teh room and findout and come back and ask. Beyond that the hotel is fully occupied that night. So the hotel staff said they would assign another room the next night. However it was a 2 double bed room as well. Instead of complaining I just stuck with it...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the booking issue. We here at the hotel try to accommodate everyone who stays with us. i understand that a bed size could be quite upsetting especially when you think your getting something and you don't. I would like to offer you a discount on your next stay, if you chose to stay with us again. Please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to arrange it for you.

Tina Littleton
Director of Sales
sales@wingateflint.com

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Nothing extraordinary, older property and all. However, clean and good value for the money. Theresa at the front desk was wonderful - so accomodating and friendly! We discovered our room was missing a fridge and she found us one somewhere (hotel was fully booked) within few hours!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JannatheMom

Thank you for your response! We like to read the comments and suggestions we get. I'm glad to hear the front desk was helpful when you stayed with us. We hope you will come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2015

The Lodge Net out of service and has been for a long time and I was not advised of this on your website. The vending machines don't work on the floors I tried and that has been true for a while as well. The treadmill quit during workout. What Gives!!!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business