“Left Hungry”

Bennethum's Northern Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bennethum's Northern Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Gaylord
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 40
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends or hosting a corporate event, we welcome you to experience Bennethum’s Northern Inn. We are a family-owned and operated restaurant that specializes in genuine hospitality, diverse high-quality cuisine and a cozy rustic environment. You'll be met by a seasoned staff, who are prepared to indulge your group with an extraordinary dining experience. They will attend to every detail so that you may enjoy your special evening with your guests. We feature a private dining room and two semi-private coves, which can accommodate intimate celebrations or more formal occasions. Our menu changes monthly to incorporate seasonal and specialty items. We source locally, but never compromise quality for locality.Our wine list is a compilation of favorites from around the world and are showcased in our climate controlled walk-in cellar. This world-class wine selection can help to ensure an extraordinary and memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is the third time in three years that I've reviewed Bennethum's Northern Inn. It's usually the first stop for our 8 man golf group when we visit Gaylord in August. This year, as in the past, everyone was well satisfied with the food preparation and service. The thing that bothered me was the price and amount of food served. I ordered a whitefish and chips dinner for $19. it was excellent, except for the fact that I received 3 very small sections of fish, which together would have made one average size filet. That was very disappointing, and I left hungry. I would think that for $19, they could have served a decent amount of fish.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Excellent parmesan pan fried sole, was able to substitute parmesan risotto and make it even better. Thanks to Sam great waitress. Josh Bennethum has the best kitchen in the Gaylord area and we always go for the monthly specials or the special of the day!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner and had wonderful service. We had stopped at another bar/restaurant for a drink in downtown Gaylord (very dissappointed with the prices and service). We decided to give Bennethum's a try for dinner and were very happy that we did. We really liked the rustic decor. I've heard that the owner's parents had a restaurant for years in Ferndale, Michigan (where I grew up) - it must run in the family. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Good food great service nice atmosphere. Had the wedge salad and the chicken Alfredo. Was very good.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The place is where everyone in town flocks to for happy hour. Great food, great drinks and great prices. Enjoy