“Above average Sleep Inn”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Flat Rock
Maui
“Above average Sleep Inn”
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I stay regularly with the Choice family of hotels; some are good, some not so good. This one is above average for a Sleep Inn....it approaches the quality one usually gets at a Comfort Suites.

Room was spacious, clean, and well equipped. Internet speed was average to low average.

Check in staff was friendly, courteous, and fast.

You can really tell if the hotel management spends that extra few cents on breakfast, and this one does. The number of selections was above average, fresh donuts, fruit, cereal, waffles, a wider than average selection of juices.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the overall quality and condition of this property....it is directly off a freeway exit, across from a large auto plant....not in 'prime' real estate.

Pricing is reasonable.

I travel on business all over North America very regularly, and I know in seconds what is a good hotel and a bad one. I would most definitely stay with this property again.

• Liked — Courteous front desk staff
  • Disliked — Slow internet
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank antennaman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Michigan
Reviewed 22 November 2007

Overall hotel appearance was nice. Very close to I-75 with easy access to Detroit and Metro Airport.

Our 1 queen bed room was very small (approx 10x10). With 2 adults and 2 small children (who slept in 2 seperate playpens) there was hardly room to walk. Our room overlooked the pool. The room smelled heavily of chlorine which made our eyes burn and we all woke up with sore throats the next morning. I found dried macaroni and cheese in one corner near the bed.

Our toliet got plugged so my husband called the front desk to notify them. They literally handed him a plunger and my husband plunged the toliet himself.

The pool was ice cold. When we complained the desk clerk told us the thermostat was broken on the pool heater. This information should have been shared at check in so that we could have decided if we still wanted to stay there. The kids were very disappointed that they couldn't swim.

I could have had a better breakfast at a gas station. The only fruit offered was oranges and they were brown with rot. The bagels and donuts were stale.

I lost my cellphone while we were there. The staff was very helpful trying to find it.

The hotel information sheet we received at check in stated the pool/fitness center opened at 6am Saturday and Sunday. I went downstairs to use the fitness center at 6:30am and the clerk notified me that it didn't normally open until 9am, but he said if I promised not to be rowdy he would unlock for me early. The hotel should make sure their information is correct.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Smidgen21

13.4 km away
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK