“Better than expected!”

Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Flat Rock
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 19
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Good times good people and good music. We have a full menu from hamburgers to prime rib. We have a bar side and also a dining room side.During the daytime would like to create a good atmosphere for the whole family
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Three of us had a late lunch on Sunday and it wasn’t crowded. It was a little chilly in the dining room but music wasn’t too loud so we could talk. Waitress was attentive.

Shared a good salad--cranberries, candied pecans, (skipped the bleu cheese), & raspberry vinaigrette. Note to cook: unhappy that lettuce pieces were HUGE—customers shouldn’t have to cut up their own salad before eating.

Had a cup of french onion soup which is often too salty but this was perfect (& not as expensive as most places).

Pizza was a solid 4 out of 5!

Food listed above, 1 pop, plus tax & tip = $31.50. We’ll return for the pizza and to try their burgers too!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I had heard that this place used to have pretty good food and my date told me that her last visit there for prime rib was not good. I chose to throw caution to the wind and try Michael's. I don't know what I expected but Michael's didn't deliver. We were in about 4 pm and there were a few people in the place and bit very busy. The server was friendly enough but we were left waiting longer than I thought was necessary after she dropped off menus at our table. I ordered a burger, medium rare and a cup of clam chowder, my date had steak bites (Medium) with pita bread. The chowder came out first and it was TASTY! Tasty and warm. It was nowhere near hot enough. Our food came out and my burger was well done. Very well done. Cooking burgers seems to be a challenge for a lot of bars in Michigan. I was quite disappointed. My friend's steak bites were a little less over cooked. Some had a slight pink to them while most were just medium well. I cannot recommend Michael's and I doubt that I will be returning.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

The burgers here are great. The restaurant could definitely use a refresh, but don't let it scare you off.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Small town neighborhood bar and grill with very good pizza and decent burgers, all at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Been here several times - always delicious! Most evenings the bar and dining room are busy and it's no wonder. Great place!