“Great Day of Fishing”

Fish With Jim Outfitters
Reviewed 26 September 2014

(NOTE--Jim has actually moved his location to Alba, Michigan, but all of his contact information is still good.)

I came in contact with Jim through a gift that was given to me by my wife for a guided fishing trip. I called Jim and everything was set up but the weather. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule a couple times due to unfavorable weather and river conditions. Jim was great to work with and did not want to take me out if it was not going to be a good experience. Despite two reschedules we finally got the trip finalized.

I met Jim early one morning in Alba, Michigan and after a brief delay to let a huge thunderstorm pass, we headed out to some of his favorite spots. He had scoped out the spots previously to make sure river conditions were ripe on the day of our outing.

While I do a lot of bass fishing, I have never been salmon fishing before. Jim was quite adept at finding out my overall proficiency and then instructing me in the proper techniques for salmon. He was also very patient with my knack of finding snags and losing the hooks. (He can also re-rig faster than anyone I have ever seen.) He was also very knowledgeable about the locale and the environment making it quite an informative day.

While we only landed a couple "keepers", we also caught a few small trough and steelhead, and lost a few more big ones. (Should have seen the one that got away). However the ones that I landed, a Steelhead and King Salmon, were both 7 lbs+ and great fighters, especially the King Salmon. Fighting that one fish was worth the day.

Overall it was a great trip and I am looking forward to heading out on another expedition.

1  Thank sschafe48170