“One of the best sushi selections we've seen! Fresh and delicious”
Review of Sushi YA

Sushi YA
Ranked #105 of 207 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 November 2014

This great sushi restaurant is in the heart of Michigan State's campus. Went here with my college son and husband. We had 4 rolls between us and they were all delicious. Exceptionally great amount of unique roll choices, including seasonal rolls with autumn themes. Order the ginseng tea - it is served in a HUGE mug with honey. Just delicious!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

it is extremely nice . I often study in bubble island, then have food in Sushi YA. For me , the price is a little bit high. Good service, and good food. I have good experience there. I already left east lansing. I miss there .

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Don't expect big city standards then this place is decent! We had sushi rolls, bento boxes (chicken and salmon teri), tempura and udons (house and seafood). All were ok. Staff was friendly!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

The food here is great and the menu do have a lot of variety but I am not truely hooked. The sushi chefs are super friendly though and that may bring me back to visit them :)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have been going to Sushi Ya for several years and was sad when we moved away from East Lansing. I was sure I'd find something close to home that would be comparable, but I was wrong.

I had the pleasure of returning to East Lansing recently, and our first stop was at Sushi Ya. They are in a different location from when they first opened--they're now right in the heart of East Lansing.

I recognized our waitress, despite the fact that it's been years since my daughter and I were there. She recognized us as well. She explained that they had been under new management and weren't doing so well, so the original management came back. I was glad to be there with the original folks.

After much indecisiveness, we settled on two of their beautiful rolls and were not disappointed--they have daily specials which offer a slight discount, but most of their specialty rolls are around the $10-$12 mark, and they're filling. I can't even remember which rolls we chose, but I can't imagine them going wrong on any of them. It's like eating edible art.

Their rolls come with miso soup and a small salad. All the food was fresh and delicious. Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere was inviting and soothing--we arrived at dinnertime and the place filled up quickly, so I know they're popular.

I can't wait to go back to East Lansing in June.